Protecting cables.

Lee&Falks

I have pretty much hidden every cable I can so that Falkor can't get or chew through them. But today I left him for the 1st time for an hour and left my laptop cable in reach which he has chewed through.

There are a couple of rooms with cables that I can't hide, barring rearranging the furniture, does anyone know of any chewproof decent products for protecting cables

errr - a cage?

I always leave my boys in their crates if i go out - safer for them and my house lol

With Noushka we never needed a crate, she has never reipped anything or been any trouble in the house, so we don't want to start locking her in a crate when we are out as she behaves well.

Would it work if we got one for the puppy, clearly if he gets bad then it is something we will do but we would like him to be the same as Noushka, or would crating one work.

If you don't crate and your cables are laying across the floor then try these D-line conduit . Self adhesive and easy to install...

i never crate any of mine they have crates but only to sleep in i never close them, i have those D-lines and they have never chewed a wire xx

Thanks will pop to B&Q tomorrow

i never crate any of mine they have crates but only to sleep in i never close them, i have those D-lines and they have never chewed a wire xx

micha chewed am aerial lead once, bit it straight in half in one chew.

i fitted something similar to that trunking, because i didnt want her to bite a live cable.

if those didnt work, you can get trunking, which is metal

Came home from work today,,, turned the tv on and was very confused, i had no satalite signal so after an hour arguing with the sky people on the fone i heard some scuffleing outside as i looked out of the patio doors wasnt very impressed to see Timba & Togo playing tug of war with the wire which connects to the satalite dish!!!!! Even better no sky man available until wed!!! Great!! looks like im teaching huskies to play monopoly tonight!!!! lol

Lee, we have 1 crated & 1 not - makes not 1 jot of difference to Myshka (who is crated) that Diesel stays out overnight or when we go out.

Cheers Val, will keep it in mind if we need/decide to do it. Glad to know it will work if needed.

The cable today was my fault, need to get used to having a little chap in the house.

Last night he was good as gold, didnt chew a single thing, just tries and cuddles up to Noushka

The Xmas tree is going down tomorrow, bit behind, which means the front room can go back to normal, he does like the christmas tree.

If he is in my sport living room where noushka spends most of her time, then he is good as gold, just lies or plays with her. Its when he is away from her that he is a bit of a terror :lol:

Thanks Sarah, only pictures I have of them are when they are sleeping together.

They did have a good play today inside but the missus had took the camera to work so I was unable to get any of them. And cheers for the idea, got it off your sig