Miracle In The Wilderness

Keeonah

Not sure if anybody has already posted this up somewhere else but the story is in the Sun newspaper today and is about a young girl, 3 years old, who survived in the Siberian wilderness for 11 days and was saved by her husky puppy. Sorry have tried to find it online so I can put it up for you to read but can't find it.

Gary.

Yes, that's the one Rob, I was looking for the article in the Sun but The Mirror will do. ;)  Thanks.

Gary.

not a problem M8 I was searching and this was the first one that came up...

Well, it could be a Husky mix with those ears! 

For a little girl who was alone, save the dog, for 11 days she's in remarkably good shape even considering the mosquito bites. 

Maybe I'm just being naive but what's all the hoopla about mom, dad and grandma.  I spent time in the country when I was growing up and it wasn't unusual for even little types to disappear for a while - admitted not eleven days; most of us reappeared without the drama those folks are going through.  I can't understand grandma thinking the little girl had gone with her dad to fight a forest fire, but at the same time, I remember being out at fire scenes when I was a little kid, someone had to watch me and uncle was a good influence even if he wasn't right there all the time.  We kids knew better than to get too much underfoot or we'd get our bottoms swatted!

It, in my opinion, was a mistake that could have been a tragedy but thankfully it wasn't.