Thank You Bec

I would soooo hug you if I met you in Person.

After doing a sucessful TOT session with Solo last night and some brief "practice training"

with Solo today, the dogs are already calming down very well.

While I was cleaning in the kitchen 30 minutes ago they started getting really loud

and obnoxious and getting ready to start fighting. Solo goes to the crate and goes

inside sometimes when I asked him, but I am amazed at his manners today. I told

him "crate" and when he got in there, I told him "stay" so he layed down. He has

not moved from the spot in the crate where he layed down, and the crate door is

open. I didnt have to go into the room and make him go in or stay in the crate, I

just kept cleaning. I am now finished and it has been 35 minutes or so.

After I had Solo go in the crate, chewy was going to go in as well, but I told him no,

and he came out, picked a spot and has not moved from his spot either. Both are

quiet and behaving, yaaay!

He has been at "down stay" for 35 + minutes! I have not ever had a pup do this so

easily...especially with the crate door open.

I am def going to continue this training with both of my boys, as it seems to be the

missing link in the training I have already been doing with them.

I think I will email "K9" and ask for his permission to add his link to my training thread.

I'd be interested. Hope you can post the link. Whatever method this was, it sounds like it would be very useful.

Well now it is 1130 am my time (in hawaii) and I am so very please with how this day is going.

Usually we would have had a fight already on any other day (excluding the few days when they

were good) , and normally Solo would already have gotten upset with chewy and left me a gift

of a steamie or puddle by or on the curtains.

The male dominence issues were taking their toll.

Today we have been awake about 5 hours, and there have been no fights, and no potty accidents.

The potty accidents dont bother me as much as the constant arguing and fighting and noise. How-

ever i was not happy about this either as I was worried that if we could not stop solo from doing

his marking in the house that chewy would start doing it at some point. Unfortunately, chewy had

already begun to back track and stop paying attention, and was ignoring me if he thought he could.

Usually at 5 hours (of being awake) I would have had to clean up at least one steamy, and a couple

of puddles, and I would have had to go running to stop them from fighting at least 2 times.

Today, Is a good day, with each of them now having a session of TOT they are finally relaxing and

enjoying the day. This is a miracle to me, lol. After a month of trying everything I know and not

being successful in getting them to calm down, I am so happy and so are the boys.

as soon as "k9" authorizes me to do so I will post the web addy for his forum, so that people with

2 or more dogs can read his training posts, and stop or hopefully avoid what I have been through

in the last month.

Erika, what a break through for you, your posts are so positive, it really comes through in them :) SO happy to hear the training is working & everyone is gaining from it, keep up the good work & keep us posted as to your progress with your pack, xx

Bec, a big thumbs up for helping Erika out with this :up:

Im so glad to hear that you are having such excellant success with the training :D Keep up the good work, stay positive and strong :)

If the K9 bloke lets you use his link, that would be great, would be interesting to have a look.

Bec, you have a great help to not only Erika and her pack but also to everyone else. You deserve a medal girl for showing your deep passion on dogs and their behaviour, please don't stop