New puppy into the pack

We have just bought another dog to join our 2 1/2 year old Siberian bitch. After much discussion we decided not to get another sibe but a similar type of dog but one that will listen to commands whilst outside!! After talking to a few people we were advised to get a dog not a bitch and have chosen a Belgium Shepherd (malinois) x German Shepherd.

Anyway here's where I am looking for some feedback, since we have brought the puppy into the house our girl has tried to play with the puppy constantly, barking, whining ,howling etc. The puppy looks terrified and tries to run away but at only 9 weeks old he dosn't stand a chance. We keep seperating them to give the puppy a break and I have tried taking our girl out for a couple of extra walks to keep her mind off the puppy. But if she's not with the puppy she is is calling out looking for him.

We have had the odd occasion where they have both lied down together but even then she does not leave him alone but will keep licking him (sweet I Know). She has shown no aggression towards him, even when he has tried to tell her enough is enough.

It has only been 24 hours but between 8.30pm and 12.30am last night our girl did not shut up. Then all day today she has not let up, our whole pack is exhausted.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Do you have any tips?

Phil

:crying: :crying: :crying:

post-971-1358594652615_thumb.jpg

post-971-13585946531424_thumb.jpg

First of all can I say congratulations and what a handsome little boy. If they are both happy together then why not let them be together? When we first fostered Barry as a 2 week old Noushka looked after him (and 7 brothers and sisters) as if they were her own, now 3 years down the line she still licks and licks and licks and, well you see where this is going. There must be some maternal instict kicking in...biggrin.gif

oh how adorable!!!

Congrats on your new pack member!! :D

When we brough Kaiser home at 8 weeks, he played with Kimba none stop lol - slightly different as both boys but they tired each other out lol

Could be maternal instinc kicking in, i'm sure once they get to know each other and settle into a routine they will be less manic lol

First of all can I say congratulations and what a handsome little boy. If they are both happy together then why not let them be together? When we first fostered Barry as a 2 week old Noushka looked after him (and 7 brothers and sisters) as if they were her own, now 3 years down the line she still licks and licks and licks and, well you see where this is going. There must be some maternal instict kicking in...biggrin.gif

Thanks, where abouts in Wales are you

oh how adorable!!!

Congrats on your new pack member!! :D

When we brough Kaiser home at 8 weeks, he played with Kimba none stop lol - slightly different as both boys but they tired each other out lol

Could be maternal instinc kicking in, i'm sure once they get to know each other and settle into a routine they will be less manic lol

Thanks, we are trying to keep a similar routine and it is getting better.

Ah, I actually live in Oldham. I use the Welsh flag because I grew up in Wales, not far from Cwmcarn - Blackwood, and I prefer the Welsh dragon to the Union Flag...wink.gif

Oh, that's a shame your not close by, our girl comes from pontlanfraith, we have a number of sibes, huskamutes and malamutes and we sometimes meet in Abercarn but nothing is organised so its a bit hit and miss. :D