Eye problem?

Ok so Last night I noticed that part of Chewys left eye is pink/red and hes having some mucous-ish discharge from his eye. He doesnt seem

to have any pain or anything but Im kind of worried since it came on so quickly.

Could this be a really serious problem/illness?

Im broke right now and the vets here wont see chewy unless I can pay cash at the end of the visit, even if its an emergency. I can take him

on monday though...can I expect this to get worse and spread to his other eye?

bung had summin similar and it was conjuctivitus they gave us eye drops for him i dont think it cost much he had conjuctivitus and tonsillitus and i THINK it came 2 about £30 ish cuz he had 2 have tablets aswell for this throat i THINK the eye drops were just normal human eye drops tho ill find them out n let u no - i cnt remember too much heres a couple ov pics does it look abit like this? - (sorry its not very good)

DSC00481.jpg

DSC00480.jpg