Surely She Can't Be Having Another Season After Just 2 Months?

slush_puppie

Hi,

My husky is almost 18 months and had her second season from mid-August to mid-September. Today her friend Cocoa, a ten-year-old brown lab with arthritis, seemed to have a new lease of life and was sniffing at her constantly. He is normally a very slow dog who likes lying down a lot and he was active constantly tonight! I am sure he even tried to mount her. He is the only male dog so far who has shown any extra interest in her, but apparently labs have good noses? I haven't used any new shampoo on her or given her any new food recently, although she has been given a couple of treats recently that she hasn't had before.

What do you guys think? She is not exhibiting any extra genitalia cleaning behaviour that I have noticed, as of yet anyway, and she seems to be acting the same as always.

Thanks!

Hi there.  I thought dogs had seasons roughly once every six months/twice a year.  So I would be surprised and guess that maybe it was just an over excitement thing but as I don't really know much about seasons,  I can't really say for sure.  

She could have a split season. My girl Diva what what seemed like a normal season then 8(ish) weeks later started showing all the signs again xx