Found A Lump On My Staffy :(

Hi. Found a hard lump on my staffy just over a week ago. Went to get her in to the vets but it went down! So I left it. Now yesterday it came back. It's on her throt so I'm going to get her in today again. Getting really worried. The good side is she is insured. But that don't help how I'm feeling. I just wanna sit and cuddle her all day in case off the worse

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spoke to the vets. There full till tomorrow :(. But if it gets worse or she starts acting tho she is in pain I can get her into the other surgery a few miles away. As this vets is rather small. Decided to take herbie for a little walk and then take ice and Alaska on there own as I only took herbie for a small walk. Got back and pup had got a feather pill my som had left on the sofa.

Well what a lovely mess they left me Kids found it highly funny so got them to clean it too :)

Spoke to the vets. There full till tomorrow :(. But if it gets worse or she starts acting tho she is in pain I can get her into the other surgery a few miles away. As this vets is rather small. Decided to take herbie for a little walk and then take ice and Alaska on there own as I only took herbie for a small walk. Got back and pup had got a feather pill my som had left on the sofa.

Well what a lovely mess they left me Kids found it highly funny so got them to clean it too :)

please let us know how she gets on at the vets have got everything crossed for u both , big hugs for u both too

Good luck at the vets.  My old staffy girl has loads of wart type lumps on her, staffs seem to be quite prone to them in later life it would seem but they're pretty harmless.  Hope this is the case for you too!  xx

Thanks everyone. It's not looking good tho:(. She has been off her food and water. Can't get her in to the vets till 2.40. Herbie really isn't her self. She's like a pup all the time chasing shadows and eating any wheels she can. I can't get her off the sofa at the min. My last dog had a sim mailer lump. Mutely. He was a colly x lab. He had 4 ops and had to be put to sleep 2 days after Christmas. I just really hope I don't have to go through all this again with herbie. Makes me wonder why I have dogs. It's just to hart braking and worrying :(

Geezzzz. Vets called me just before. Was about to leave and asked me if I could take her in at 4.40 instead. They had an emergency op they had to do. Really feel as tho herbie is starting to suffer now. Hate seeing my baby like this

once they remove it she will be fine, an abscess is really painful that is probably why she is off her food and water, it will be like instant relief when it's gone she will probably have antibiotics for the poison in the abscess. hope it all goes well

I hope so bless her. She has got a real high temp too. She is in first thing for the op bless her. Just hoping all goes well. It should do as she's a tuff old gal We are all feeling alot calmer now as well Thank you and I will let you know how she is when the op is over with

No wonder she was so quiet, that's sooo painful! Sometimes they burst on their own like a spot (my son kept getting reoccurring abscesses in his jaw) and it was hurt like mad, his face swelled up and then it burst (not pleasant) and the pain went away quickly.

Bet you're relieved it's something relatively easy to treat. X

No wonder she was so quiet, that's sooo painful! Sometimes they burst on their own like a spot (my son kept getting reoccurring abscesses in his jaw) and it was hurt like mad, his face swelled up and then it burst (not pleasant) and the pain went away quickly.

Bet you're relieved it's something relatively easy to treat. X

I'm really relived. Do you know what courses them? I'm just hoping its nothing serious thats brought it on. Vet told me if it burst on its own it could be really danger as for her cos off where it is. I really should have asked moor about it but I was too worried at the time and thinking the worst. The vet did suringe some out it was a yucky dark yellow and bloody . Bless your poor son. Must have been horrible for him

I'm really relived. Do you know what courses them? I'm just hoping its nothing serious thats brought it on. Vet told me if it burst on its own it could be really danger as for her cos off where it is. I really should have asked moor about it but I was too worried at the time and thinking the worst. The vet did suringe some out it was a yucky dark yellow and bloody . Bless your poor son. Must have been horrible for him

Bacterial infection if I remember rightly. In my sons case he had a cyst in his jaw that kept getting infected and caused the abcesses..

The swelling is basically puss and blood, like a spot/zit but on a bigger scale. If it was smaller then the vet could if lanced it with a sterile needle and burst it and let out some of the puss. Grossed you out yet?! Lol

If she had a scratch or cut on her skin, bacteria could of entered that way and caused the infection that you saw but beyond that, my medical knowledge runs out. Google should give you more of an idea, hope thus helped a little bit, x

Edited by emma1979

Bacterial infection if I remember rightly. In my sons case he had a cyst in his jaw that kept getting infected and caused the abcesses..

If she had a scratch or cut on her skin, bacteria could of entered that way and caused the infection that you saw but beyond that, my medical knowledge runs out. Google should give you more of an idea, hope thus helped a little bit, x

That's a big help. Thank you. I will google it too and have a proper read about it :) x