Steam Summer Sales!

BlueWolf

Agh, I hate these! I keep looking at the page and tempting myself to buy new games. They're so cheap, it feels like Christmas! Lol. Unlike last year I seem to already own most of the interesting games I've seen passing by (and I still have loads of unplayed ones). Anyone else getting all excited about all these sales? :P

Right now Faster Than Light (-75%), Just Cause 2 (-80%), Hotline Miami (-75%) and Antichamber (-66%) are totally worth buying. The offer ends in less than an hour now though. There's also Garry's Mod but requires other games. (If you have it though, I'm always up for some multiplayer play!)

Oooh - the AoE II HD edition...for $10 it LOOKS worth it...but the graphics aren't really that improved from the original, IMO...so may not be getting it.

Or, I will, if somebody will play multiplayer with me. :P

EDIT:

Kinetic Void...sounds like MY type of game...too bad my computer isn't good enough to play it. :(

have to admit, most of it goes over my head as well,  although I know my son plays steam games a fair bit.  Team fortress 2  is a current fac ( I think that's steam lol)  and I know he's mentioned gerrys mod, no clue why lol.  

He's going to the insomnia festival over the August bank holiday, are you going ?

Oooh - the AoE II HD edition...for $10 it LOOKS worth it...but the graphics aren't really that improved from the original, IMO...so may not be getting it.

EDIT:

Kinetic Void...sounds like MY type of game...too bad my computer isn't good enough to play it. :(

I have the original AoE II somewhere on my computer which I played on a friend's lanparty. But to be honest I couldn't get really into it, guess I'm not really a RTS person.

have to admit, most of it goes over my head as well,  although I know my son plays steam games a fair bit.  Team fortress 2  is a current fac ( I think that's steam lol)  and I know he's mentioned gerrys mod, no clue why lol.  

He's going to the insomnia festival over the August bank holiday, are you going ?

I'm not a huge gamer actually, just a occasion gamer whenever I feel like it, lol. I can play one or two games for 7 days straight and after that I get bored of it and move on to do something else. Humble Bundles and Steam summer sales are easy ways to get good games for a very low price so it's usually the few moment I get enthusiast about it  :lol: But other than that it's not something that really keeps me busy for the rest of the year.

LOL I loved portal 1 & 2

and the half life series.

Grabbing some first person action. . . Wheeeee.

Thanks for the heads up

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry for the bump, I've just been busy.

If you haven't, I wouldn't. Read it's really buggy and has a lot of issues. I purchased the original 3 games as a collectors edition for 20 dollars. Much better investment imo.

As for the steam sale, I picked up a ton of games.

If anyone would like to play, I'd be down.

I fell for the sales too. Got HL2 and the expansions, Portal, Civilizations V, Metro 2033.

By the way, do you know of the http://humblebundle.com/ ? You can do a donation and according to that donation to get a few games. Check it out!

I still have loads of unplayed games left I bought at humble bundle  :unsure:

Yea, some of them don't seem to be that interesting, but they always include a nice game in and between so it's just hard to resist :lol:

Didn't mean to sound like the games aren't good. I meant to say I have so many of them, I still haven't got around to play them all!

I fell for the sales too. Got HL2 and the expansions, Portal, Civilizations V, Metro 2033.

By the way, do you know of the http://humblebundle.com/ ? You can do a donation and according to that donation to get a few games. Check it out!

I get books from Humble bundle

Got a few games but I don't really have time for games.

However you say you just got Portal from Steam

Anything from valve is awesome

I love the Half life games and Portal 1 and 2 have been played to death meany times :)

I get books from Humble bundle

Got a few games but I don't really have time for games.

However you say you just got Portal from Steam

Anything from valve is awesome

I love the Half life games and Portal 1 and 2 have been played to death meany times :)

Loved Half Life! I also got the Legacy of Kain: Defiance, absolutely favourite game and had a nice time going through it. Now on my wish list are the STALKER series, also great games.

Portal is a really tricky one, but I was quite disappointed, because I was just getting into the game and it actually ended :(

I picked up Borderlands 2, and all the DLC that added missions, levels, or characters.

Picked up Fallout New Vegas' Old World Blues DLC.

Garry's Mod.

Left 4 Dead 2.

Postal 1 and 2.

Scribblenauts Unlimited.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2.

Team Fortress 2. (Yes, I know it's a free game.)

Torchlight 2.

And the Unreal pack.

I'm going is he going to compete in a tournament or just for the social side?