97 Abused Sled Dogs Rescued in Canada

Sarah

Before clicking this link, please DO NOT read all the way to the bottom if you are easily upset.

THIS LINK CONTAINS PICTURES (at the bottom of the page) OF DEAD SLED DOGS WHICH MAY CAUSE DISTRESS TO MANY MEMBERS

I have toyed with posting this or not but I feel that awareness needs to be sought far and wide

http://lakotasong.com/blog/?p=163

I cant believe how many of this beautiful breed are now needing to be recued from people like this. Ive been seeing alot of stuff on the net about recues that took in as many as 15 dogs at a time from places that werent caring for them or that were abusing the dogs. Its so sad. I know that everyone sees them as team dogs and that they do well when they are not alone, but this is exactly why I will never advocate to a person that they should have more than one. While some of us recognize what our limits are and dont go beyond that point because we know just how much we are able and willing to handle, alot of people do not think before they take in more dogs and some that do think carefully still cannot handle it later. The other thing that really bugs me is that since people saw the huskies in the "8 below" movie being kept outside they think these dogs cannot be treated as indoor and social dogs, and so abuse them by leaving them outdoors all day and night not really thinking it can do damage to the emotional state of the husky ( let alone how bad it can be for their actual physical health).

Awareness is Important Sarah, so please feel good about posting this kind of stuff so people can see what bad things can happen if they arent prepared to be the best owners they can be.

How sad is that all them poor dogs (i'm crying) they should name the w****r that done this to the poor dogs, someone should do to them what they have done to the dogs,

i could rant and rave about this all night but i to upset by it, if that was in england the w****r would of been named and done for it.

No animal should be kepted like that at all

Almost makes me cry. I look at Zoya and think how lucky I am to be able to care for her, and it irritates me so much to know that some low life treats these dogs in the most inhumane way. It is upsetting to read and see this kind of information, but at the same time, it is so vital to be aware so that hopefully, something can be done. But then they let the loser off the hook. That's just wrong.

Thanks for posting this Sarah. Added to rep.

Sarah,

I just wanted to thank you for cross-posting this. I've spent most of the day getting images, information and links together. I've talked to a number of people and will continue to update my blog posting (which you linked to) with the latest information from all sides. This seems like a lovely forum, so you'll probably be seeing me around a bit outside of this thread!

I really don't know what this world is coming to, I am coming to the point where i am ashamed to be a human although people like this are not human. another thing i don't understand is why do people abandon animals when there are rescue places etc. And as for the person walking away the mind boggles, he should'nt be charged as other people have said he should suffer the way those poor babies in fact he should suffer much worse. I really believe they should change the laws in all countries to have proper punishment, most people get away with it and thats why people do it because they know nothing will hapen. My heart goes out to the poor babies that lost there lives and hope the ones that survived have found loving homes x