Smell?

Elyse

So, apparently Suka has been smelling 'like ass' lately. (Dad's words, not mine!)

This is what my Mom just sent me:

I took Suka to the vet and he had to give a pee sample.  Her assistant
scooped it up in a pan.  Always wondered how they'd do that.

After much complaining by Dad that Suka stunk, [name omitted] checked his
ears, mouth, rear end, and said she didn't smell anything.  Pee sample
also showed nothing.  She didn't do a bacterial test because that
would normally accompany bad odor.  The room would of smelled bad
initially.

She recommend a spray costing $18.00 that could be used on Suka and
carpet/furntiture.

So, while I'm a bit peeved they ignored my request to get his pee and blood checked for kidney problems, I have no idea what this smell could be.

He just went to PetSmart to get a bath/groom a week ago, so he should be smelling fine! Anybody know why he could smell that bad?

He doesn't roll around in stuff, and he's a very clean dog.

Just sent a message asking what he smells like. Though, it very well may be my Dad's super nose that's picking up something...seeing as the vet didn't smell anything.

I have heard people say that the anal glands smell like "ass" or fishy.  I have a co-worker that her dog smells when his anal glads are backed up and it is not a constant smell.  It kinda comes and goes.  So maybe it's that and it was not smelling at the vet?  That would make what he sits on smell for a bit as well.  I certainly home that it is figured out.

Balto has to get his anal glands drained every other month and although sometimes he drags his but there are many times that he just has a really bad smell so that is when we know it is time to take him back in. The same could be for Suka, however, only a vet could tell you.