need husky owners psd

KIMMY 66

You're honestly the first people that seem to be happy about it. In the news there is nothing but hate for Windows 8, it's a hell for developers. You know the Apple app store? If you want to submit you program, you have to worship Apple's rules otherwise they won't accept it. Microsoft is bringing this exact same thing to Windows. What does this mean? Well, pretty much any game for example can't be bought from the store because most of them contain blood. Minecraft won't be in it too, and so will Steam and its thousands of games. Firefox and Chrome are not able to you the tiles to begin with because Internet Explorer already occupies them. You can install all of these separately outside the store, but Microsoft is making it harder and harder. I'm afraid this is the beginning of the end of the open platform for Windows.

Anyway, end of rant :P.

the screen you see is the start button all of it, to go back to standard desktop you just move your mouse to the upper left corner then click , the control panel can be accesed by going to the right corner along with other settings. you can also just type the name while on the start screen to find your apps if you don't have them placed there. defo wouldn't buy from the store but you can still install the same as any other windows and place a shortcut on the start screen then use a 3rd party app to make your own tile.. Microsoft didn't add that bit which is pretty lame..

overall though it boots twice the speed of windows 7 and seems pretty fast within itself:)

You're honestly the first people that seem to be happy about it. In the news there is nothing but hate for Windows 8, it's a hell for developers. You know the Apple app store? If you want to submit you program, you have to worship Apple's rules otherwise they won't accept it. Microsoft is bringing this exact same thing to Windows. What does this mean? Well, pretty much any game for example can't be bought from the store because most of them contain blood. Minecraft won't be in it too, and so will Steam and its thousands of games. Firefox and Chrome are not able to you the tiles to begin with because Internet Explorer already occupies them. You can install all of these separately outside the store, but Microsoft is making it harder and harder. I'm afraid this is the beginning of the end of the open platform for Windows.

Anyway, end of rant :P.

i wish I understood half of what you wrote.. Thank god for sons!!

i wish I understood half of what you wrote.. Thank god for sons!!

Basically, Microsoft is trying to mimic Apple (again) by trying to control with people can and can't do. Microsoft built a new cool system (the tiles) but then forces rules upon us (the developers) to get your program in the store and thus being able to use the tiles. It might sound innocent, but it's actually a really dirty trick that means Microsoft will get enormousness control over which programs will be available for your system and which not. If they want they can cancel out all their competitors that are currently taking their revenue away (Firefox, VLC, LibreOffice to name a few). Something Apple has proven numerous times before, is a very dangerous thing.

In short: Microsoft pulled a very dirty trick and I wish more people would knew about it.

Basically, Microsoft is trying to mimic Apple (again) by trying to control with people can and can't do. Microsoft built a new cool system (the tiles) but then forces rules upon us (the developers) to get your program in the store and thus being able to use the tiles. It might sound innocent, but it's actually a really dirty trick that means Microsoft will get enormousness control over which programs will be available for your system and which not. If they want they can cancel out all their competitors that are currently taking their revenue away (Firefox, VLC, LibreOffice to name a few). Something Apple has proven numerous times before, is a very dangerous thing.

In short: Microsoft pulled a very dirty trick and I wish more people would knew about it.

Ahh. Thank you, I understand now. Yes definitely a dirty trick, I much prefer Firefox.

yea I agree that is a dirty trick, but on a side note you don't have to use the store unless of course its a windows 8 based phone/tablet, you can just use normal apps/games and load as you always have.

a little mystery here though , I have installed all updates (great) however there is one that fails all the time (the one which allows you to choose which browser you want to use) mmm maybe a bit of another dirty trick by microsoft

yea I agree that is a dirty trick, but on a side note you don't have to use the store unless of course its a windows 8 based phone/tablet, you can just use normal apps/games and load as you always have.

Yeah, of course. Though I won't be surprised that in the next version they hide it or lock it down entirely for 'security reasons' and you first have to perform a few tricks to be able to do it.

I will stop right here, don't want to sound like any other Microsoft basher, just wanted to share some of the things that are going on in the IT-world :rolleyes: