Update on Cypra

First of all, thanks to everyone who helped me last night, I really appreciate the advice and support!! :)

So I was up on and off with Cypra last night. She would get up, drink little bits of water, then go back to sleep. At one point she got up and started coughing like a smoker. It sounded like when Kai had the doggy flu/kennel cough a few weeks ago. (all the dogs in my neighborhood got sick so it was being spread around). Only thing was when she coughed, there was nothing to come up. This morning she is MUCH better, still coughing off and on, but not as hard as last night. I am thinking maybe this was her way of saying "mom, I am sick!". her drooling stopped, and so did the mouth licking. So maybe she was just feeling nauseaus last night! Anyways, I called the vet to update him on how she was doing and he said same thing, just keep offering her water, if she refuses plain water then add a small amount of pedialyte or gatorade. I can see it in her eyes that she is VERY tired though, her eyes look kind of sunk in. So I have a feeling she is a little sick with a doggy cold. When we went outside today though, it was snowing and she got really excited. She LOVES the snow, she turns into a puppy! :) Thanks again for the well wishes!

aw, Jackie, I bet it felt like a long night for you ... so glad to hear Cypra's feeling a bit better today & looks like the snow has perked her up too. Fingers & paws crossed she's over the worst & after a day or two of rest & recuperation, she's back on the road to full strength again. Keep us posted how she (& you!) are doing, xx

Well after a few days of rest (and well needed for mom and dad, we've both been SO sick!!) Cypra is back to her normal goofball self. She made a new friend today, a little pug named Frank. Oh how she loves that dog! They chase eachother around the yard. Size is not an issue for these guys when it comes to playtime! lol