The plane Crash

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-plane-crash/articles/online-check-in

This is on tonight at 9pm channel 4, today you could choose a seat on this flight to discover how this choice would have affected your chances of surviving our crash, so i picked seat 1c lets see if i live or not lol

I picked seat 13D lol

And Diesel picked 4E (because he only flies first class haha)

lol i went for 30A how did i fair anyone know lol

Denise, It’s unlikely you would have survived the crash

Your seat 1C was no longer in the main body of the aircraft after the crash – this front area of the plane broke away from the rest of the fuselage during impact. The forces during impact on the front of the plane peaked at 12g, which is 12 times the force of gravity.

Although you were seated close to the galley exits, it is highly unlikely the crew or anyone seated in your area would have survived to make their escape.

I picked 23 E.

"

In seat 23E, it’s likely that you would’ve escaped injury in the crash impact. In fact, in this area at the rear of the plane the impact forces were around half those at the front. Peaking at around 6g – six times the force of gravity – you would’ve only experienced forces similar to a hit on a fairground bumper car.

However, it’s likely you would have been disorientated in the dust kicked up during impact, and your evacuation would have been complicated by overhead panels and oxygen masks hanging from the ceiling in this area."

So, whoo - likely no injuries!

This 'simulator' is silly though. Every airplane crash/accident is different, there are so many variables to consider. The angle of impact, the speed of impact, the type of plane, the weather, the structural stability of the plane, equipment failures, etc, etc.

So, even though I fly a lot, my philosophy is basically this: If the plane crashes, we will all die. Unless you can get to an emergency exit before the plane explodes or something.

(I think I've been watching too many episodes of Mayday. LOL)

Statically speaking you have more change of surviving in the back than the in the front of the plane. I always sit right behind the wing (simply for the view) and get the same message as Solitary.

So, even though I fly a lot, my philosophy is basically this: If the plane crashes, we will all die. Unless you can get to an emergency exit before the plane explodes or something.

(I think I've been watching too many episodes of Mayday. LOL)

In that case the facts page might be of interest for you :)

Even if you are involved in a plane crash, the chances are you will survive - 95.7% of people involved in one do. Even in the most serious class of crashes, more than 76% of those on board live to tell the tale.