Feel like a failure!

tracey8

It has took a lot for me to write this post ,i am having serious issues with ivan he is 9 months old, by nature he is a sweet boy and a bit of a dope .

The problem is he is at cleo my girl who is 6 all the time ,he just does not give up cleo is constantly growling at him and has give him a few good hidings but it does nothing to stop him ,when she is sleeping he is still at her i know he is still a pup and i have been there many times with the rest of the pack but never had anything like this,i know some may think it is my own fault for having so many but i would give my life for my dogs, ivan's behavour is effecting the rest of the pack and he has even started to try his luck with the boys which has resulted in a fight,im feeling like such a failure because it is causing my other boys to argue with each other and they never did before, i have spent the last few months saying to myself he is just finding his place in the pack and i know he is at that age where he thinks he is rocky, but im at the stage i dread waking up because it is none stop and that is really upsetting me and today i have just broke down in tears as i feel like i can't cope, i would rather chop my own arm off than to have to re home him but today i had that thought go through my head which has upset more than anyone could know and i feel so guilty for even having that thought because he is a sweet boy but he is just not fitting in and i don't know what to do,i know i have not give a lot of information so probably hard for any advice but will try to answer best i can ,im just really upset and think i needed to just get it out my system.

Are there other dogs that he does get along well with? Not sure how you keep them - are all loose together, or do you have them separated, at least to some extent? I have 9 dogs, at present, and because I also have cats, they mostly live outdoors in an indoor//outdoor kennel, although I do have one dog in the house who does well with the cats. I have 2 younger males who can be a bit overbearing, and when they are obnoxious to the older dogs, they get put away immediately, so that they learn that isolation results from being a jerk! It takes time and consistency - and sometimes just growing up! - but eventually they do learn. He IS a teenager, and some are harder-headed than others. Do you run/scooter with your dogs? That might be something that would help settle him a little; wear off the edge of energy... Best wishes!

Its probably just opportunistic. My friend's adult CAS just gave one of her puppies the scare of a lifetime. Nothing quite stands up to a CAS roar. Pup was shook up pretty badly (shes fine now), but she started showing a lot more respect towards the adult dogs. Puppy license- officially revoked. The CAS puppy is the same age as yours and was showing the same disrespect to her older dogs. Tougher breed, but sometimes the rules still apply. Im sure it will work out, although it may take getting the snot beat out of his belligerent little teenager fur-butt.

Are there other dogs that he does get along well with? Not sure how you keep them - are all loose together, or do you have them separated, at least to some extent? I have 9 dogs, at present, and because I also have cats, they mostly live outdoors in an indoor//outdoor kennel, although I do have one dog in the house who does well with the cats. I have 2 younger males who can be a bit overbearing, and when they are obnoxious to the older dogs, they get put away immediately, so that they learn that isolation results from being a jerk! It takes time and consistency - and sometimes just growing up! - but eventually they do learn. He IS a teenager, and some are harder-headed than others. Do you run/scooter with your dogs? That might be something that would help settle him a little; wear off the edge of energy... Best wishes!

He is with 2 older males and 2 older females neally all the time ,they are not kenneled which does make it harder ,it is my female that he does this to most ,she is very strong willed and im thinking he is trying to push his way up but she will not have that ,maybe i am wrong and it is more serious than im allowing myself to think,he does get plenty of exercise and has free reign in the garden so is always playing ,i sold my scooter to hopefully get a rig sometime soon, thank you for your reply:)

Its probably just opportunistic. My friend's adult CAS just gave one of her puppies the scare of a lifetime. Nothing quite stands up to a CAS roar. Pup was shook up pretty badly (shes fine now), but she started showing a lot more respect towards the adult dogs. Puppy license- officially revoked. The CAS puppy is the same age as yours and was showing the same disrespect to her older dogs. Tougher breed, but sometimes the rules still apply. Im sure it will work out, although it may take getting the snot beat out of his belligerent little teenager fur-butt.

Thank you that has made me feel a little better ,he has had a fair few beatings but obviously not hard enough yet ,appreciate your reply it has lifted my spirits :)

I guess I would praise her (not extravagantly, but enough so that she knows it's ok) when she tells him enough, and if things get out of hand, I would at least give him a bit of a time-out away from his pack so that he realizes he has something to lose by displeasing you. He's at a stage where he's going to push everyone! Adolescents of all species can be real pains! :P

I guess I would praise her (not extravagantly, but enough so that she knows it's ok) when she tells him enough, and if things get out of hand, I would at least give him a bit of a time-out away from his pack so that he realizes he has something to lose by displeasing you. He's at a stage where he's going to push everyone! Adolescents of all species can be real pains! :P

Thank you i will try the time out and see how that goes ,i know he is at that age and i think it has just got a bit on top of me ,and yes i totally agree about adolescents of all species :)

At 9 months old - as the other have said, he's losing his "puppy license" and is expected to 'behave'. Sorta my standard comment, "As long as there's no major blood, let them have at him - he'll learn!" << smiling as I say that, but I also understand your concerns for all of them! >>

and while this might not help a whole lot, with the pack you have there, do you really expect them to get along all the time? Even if one doesn't make the grade to fit in you have 7 successes and there's no failure if you have to rehome one.

At 9 months old - as the other have said, he's losing his "puppy license" and is expected to 'behave'. Sorta my standard comment, "As long as there's no major blood, let them have at him - he'll learn!" << smiling as I say that, but I also understand your concerns for all of them! >>

and while this might not help a whole lot, with the pack you have there, do you really expect them to get along all the time? Even if one doesn't make the grade to fit in you have 7 successes and there's no failure if you have to rehome one.

Thank you, and no major blood ,i have been letting them sort it out ,i guess i have just been lucky with the others and no course i don't expect them all to get on all the time ,just like humans not everyone gets on lol and after hearing what has been said i don't feel as bad as i did, thanks for your imput :)

look at all your fur babies you brought up and into your pack, you cant let this one put you down, they will eventually all will get along, maybe you know this and thats why you haven't really thought of re-homing :) it will all work out, maybe not right away but in the end it will just keep your head up :)

I..if i had one...would be taking my hat off to you.

I have two and they test my paitence, having 8 is amazing...esspecially when getting them all to "cooperate" together.

although extremely minor in comparison, my two are molting like no tomorrw, i havent seen it so bad before....i had a funny 5 mins yesterday because there was hair in my tea, and then stuck between my teeth (dont ask)

its not difficult for the husky to get to us, and with our love and passion, for us, it makes us feel like we have further to fall.

Tracey your doing fine, and your little lad will find his spot and the 4 legged trop will co exist normally again.

look at all your fur babies you brought up and into your pack, you cant let this one put you down, they will eventually all will get along, maybe you know this and thats why you haven't really thought of re-homing :) it will all work out, maybe not right away but in the end it will just keep your head up :)

Aww thank you i have been given some things to try so will pull myself together and crack on :)

I..if i had one...would be taking my hat off to you.

I have two and they test my paitence, having 8 is amazing...esspecially when getting them all to "cooperate" together.

although extremely minor in comparison, my two are molting like no tomorrw, i havent seen it so bad before....i had a funny 5 mins yesterday because there was hair in my tea, and then stuck between my teeth (dont ask)

its not difficult for the husky to get to us, and with our love and passion, for us, it makes us feel like we have further to fall.

Tracey your doing fine, and your little lad will find his spot and the 4 legged trop will co exist normally again.

Thank you, oh no not the hair in the teeth that is rank lol,appreciate the encouraging words,just needed a release i think:)

How can you even think you are a failure!!!.Most of us struggle with 2 or more.I have always been secretly in awe of you!!.You keep 8 huskies in your home and garden,not kennelled,and dedicate your whole day to them.You are a fantastic example of unselfishness,only when you have 4 or more huskies,can you really begin to understand how hard that must be.

Just hang on in there Tracey,you had very bad news yesterday,of course you're feeling down. In time it will all get sorted,one way or another.Your huskies happiness and well being is your main priority,all the time,so their future will be fine,whatever you decide.....Karen.xx

Edited by basketcase687

How can you even think you are a failure!!!.Most of us struggle with 2 or more.I have always been secretly in awe of you!!.You keep 8 huskies in your home and garden,not kennelled,and dedicate your whole day to them.You are a fantastic example of unselfishness,only when you have 4 or more huskies,can you really begin to understand how hard that must be.

Just hang on in there Tracey,you had very bad news yesterday,of course you're feeling down. In time it will all get sorted,one way or another.Your huskies happiness and well being is your main priority,all the time,so their future will be fine,whatever you decide.....Karen.xx

Thank you so much karen , that really means a lot to me and thank you for being there for me and and being a very good friend .xx