not sure what to buy

huskamute

I am getting my first huskamute on the 19th she is a lovely black and white blue eyed girl and i was wondering if to get a lead our harness (not sure) and what sort to get and where is best to get one. I have read alot do snap which is what i dont want so any help would be fantastic.

Since we want our boy to do some skootering when older we thought we would leave the harness as a work peice of kit which we dont mind him pulling whilst wearing .We have a long webbing lead which we got for our saluki and did not need cos his recall is great(!) and we have been using this so he has more freedom to explore!!

i like leather leads. i work with horses, so if i want to use a long lead fo my dog to run around onr them to run around on i'll use a Lunge Line. (basically just a long nylon lead with a snap)

I hate those retractable leashes though. I just dont feel safe holding onto a dog with what looks like dental floss. Pluss i hear all the time about those things fraying and snapping.

I think as long as you stear clear of retractable leashes and make sure you get a lead that is the correct size for your dog. Dont get a leash made for a small lap dog, then you'll be fine.

Yeah I didnt like the look of the stringy ones either so I got tape and its a good job coz Nukka's abit of a lead chewer when she gets over excited. Its the 26foot one so she can get some freedom but I can still keep hold of her. She loves it! I also have what I call a street lead for walking places where I want to keep her close to me but its a double ended and has loops at various distances so I can make it longer or shorter deppending on where we are, its a really good one and I'd recommend it but unfortunatly a friend got it for me so I dont know where from!