Kennel Club query

Val (Zebedee)

This is a bit similar to Mary & Tony's query about Grey in that I am trying to investigate Diesel's history.

I have tried ringing the Kennel Club on the number off their website, but the number is constantly engaged, so I emailed them last week.

In my original email, I stated we had rehomed Diesel, we have no history on him as everything we were told turns out false. The only thing we have for definite is his pet name & his microchip number, that my vet found when I took him for a vet check when we first brought him home.

We were told he was 3, turns out he's at least 5 when we count back; we're still not sure if he's a mal or mal / husky cross, though Petlog have him as a husky; there was talk from the previous owner that he had been KC registered but there is no paperwork with him; he is supposedly up-to-date with jabs, but the clinic we were told had neutered him, chipped him & given him his jabs said he had been registered there for 2 yrs but never seen by the clininc! So everything is up in the air with him (we have started his needles from scratch, btw!)

I got a reply today - asking for his exact date of birth, breeders names, sire & dam's KC names ..... errrrrr, did I not state I had NOTHING when I first e-mailed?

Does anyone know if the Kennel Club can trace through the Petlog microchip number, as Petlog are affiliated to the Kennel Club, or am I just wasting my time?? :confused:

BTW, when I spoke to Petlog about changing his details to my address, they said the registered keeper was not who I had as his keeper, but as he isn't reported lost or stolen, I can pay the fee & get his details changed to mine.

Well, I got a reply from the Kennel Club, basically, without his parents details, exact DOB & KC name, they can't do a trace, so that's the end of that!

Today, I did get a letter from the microchip people, Petlog, it shows that Diesel is logged as a husky, he was chipped on 10/09/03 & although there is no DOB, it states year of birth as 2003 - so he's gone from being 2 1/2yrs when advertised for rehoming, to 5 yrs when trying to piece together info from previous owners to now he is just over 6yrs old. No wonder he takes everything in his stride! He's getting on a bit!! Bless my big, cuddly bear!!! Does it make any difference not being able to trace his history or know if he's KC registered or the fact he's 6 years old .............. NO WAY!! I wouldn't change a thing!!!

Kennel club will only be able to track himviamicrochip if the person whohad him chipped added the number to the details held by KC, it is possible to do this but many don't bother! (Some breeders who get pups chipped get this done) Looking at him on piccys I'd say he's more likely to be a mal x husky but i will reserve judgement till i meet him! ;) If he is a x he will not be KC reg!

Yeah, Lucy - I have a sneaking suspicion he's a X, but I guess we'll never know for sure - it's not important enough to us to have DNA checks etc. done & we can't breed him (neutered) & we don't wanna show or race him - it would just be nice to find out. But thanks for your advice, rep added, & I look forward to introducing you to the bear one day!!