Any ideas

Hi all

ok i'm trying to get both of mine to eat barf but my prob is Odin he wont even try it, Topaz she loves it not got a prob with her.

Odin i keep trying he just looks at me like i've gone mad, he snifs it and walks away he'd rather starve then eat it.

i've cut bits of meat up and put it in his kibble just so he gets the taste of it but no he eats around it.

he wont eat bones lives the chewy ones but not real bones, he wont eat eggs but loves his fish, any ideas how i can get him to eat raw i would like them both on a barf diat but finding this real hard ???

hi im not sure what 2 suggest sorry :( what hes like if its cooked as apposed 2 raw? i no its hassle but he might not like it raw is it cold (like straight out the fridge) when u give it him blaze wont eat meat if its cold he has 2 have it at room temp n he wont eat his lamb bones unless they r cooked lol fussy dog

Try cooking things like red meat which you can eat rare anyway, like a lamb steak, brown it for about 5/10mins and give it to him, the inside will be raw but it will have the illusion it is cooked! Another thing is are you in the room when hes trying it >> he may putting on a show just for you and looking at you with his "mummy: i would rather starve than eat that!" eyes.... i leave the room and close the door and come back in 5/7mins to find Alaska and an empty bowl, cos she knows im a soft touch and if im in the room with her for some reason she would only eat half:s

I have left Alaska for 4 days without giving in and on the 4th day she ate her kibble on its own, how long would you be prepared to leave Odin?...Trust me he wouldn't starve himself, his natural intincs would kick in and he would deff eat it. I would be tempted to put nothing but raw down and let Topaz eat it if he misses his chance and see how long he lasts.

I know its hard tho as i spoilt Alaska as a pup and now she can be very picky, but i have learnt to ignore this behavor, if she doesn't eat her kibble i take the bowl up and give Balto a cheese treat (as i always do after every meal they eat) and thats that >> If the next meal is a wet food meal only Balto will get to eat that so she wont have eaten for the whole day as it would be counterproductive to give her a wet, meat based meal if she is being fussy with her kibble >>> SO now she knows unless she has her 1st meal of kibble she isn't eating until the same time the next day which will be KIBBLE>>> theres just no escaping those little crunchy bites of joy lool

Good luck with Odin and do keep us posted xxx

oh i gotta get tuff i guess lol i'll try part cooked an if he still dont eat i'll leave him till the next day, yes i'm in the room so ok i'll leave him to it next time to see if this works, as for Topaz the gready sod would eat his and her's lol but i have to stop her at some point, but i will try and see how we go ty xxxxx

lol i have tried it, rather sad really but here goes >> I leave them either in the hallway or kitchen with no distractions (so prob the hallway LOL) no toys, no treats, just their food and water and i close all doors >>>> I was in the sitting room and i left the door a crack open so i could see them but not the other way around... at 1st Alaska looked around as if to say "HEY wheres my audience" ..after a while she got to the kibble and you would think shes a greedy dog so yeah deff give it a try:)

linda m8, i had this prob with my lab years ago, so i used to put flavourings in his food, i also used to mis in some tuna, and leave it all day after i made thier breakfast, seemed to work for me in the past. dont have an issue with zack and suki though, they took straight to it, in fact zack now wont eat his kibble...lol

ok i gave Odin heart tonite with his kibble he turned his nose up, so i put in the microwave for like 20 seconds just so it warmed up not cooked, he ate the lot then he went an got one of Topaz's stack of ribs an ate that yepeeeeeee.

i think he now knows i'm not tryin to kill him with raw lol