I'm driving my hamster up the wall.

Hamsters are ace when they start climbing, very clever creatures!!

I remember when I had a hamster I had a ball you could put him in so he could run around the house, it was wicked!

Like so? :D

post-7590-13586042588467_thumb.jpg

Took him out for a cage cleaning in this picture. He gets out and about at least 40 minutes a day. It's pretty funny. The cats love to watch him and Niko is terrified of him. xD

It is really awesome to watch him climbing around though. Or handing him food and watching him take a few bites and pack it then run off with it. :rofl:

You've got a syrian! They are so great. We've had a few now and I love how friendly they become. Had one who used to sit on my shoulder as I was doing the housework!

Great pictures, they're so funny walking upside down on the ceiling bars, lol

You've got a syrian! They are so great. We've had a few now and I love how friendly they become. Had one who used to sit on my shoulder as I was doing the housework!

Great pictures, they're so funny walking upside down on the ceiling bars, lol

Indeed! :D Syrian, Siberian, close enough. :shrug:

This is the first one and only the second hamster I've owned. But that was like when I was.... 7? I don't remember much about him or what happened to him. O.o I don't think I had him very long. If I recall he escaped but that might have been my older sisters when she was little. I'll have to ask my mom next time I see her. My boyfriend had a Syrian hamster from 9 to 15 years old though. xD His name was Butterscotch. OH! This hamster's name is Kain, by the way. xD

I'm pretty surprised by how friendly he is. My old hamster wasn't and that's about all I remember. xP We got this hamster and all his stuff for free because the lady's son lost interest after a month. ._. She didn't want him to be ignored so she gave him away.

good on you for taking Kain in! Any clear pictures of him can't see him clearly... Nice color btw my neighbor used to sell hamsters, they're always grayish white :S

post-7590-13586042641217_thumb.jpg

post-7590-13586042641404_thumb.jpg

post-7590-13586042641584_thumb.jpg

Better? :3

Thanks. :D I love his color too. My two favorite colors are Orange and Purple and he happened to be Orange with a Purple ball, and now purple bedding. XD Something I didn't know about before taking him in.

Aww he's CUUUUTEEE! Brave, too! :S it takes a lot for a hamster to stand on a cat! :confused:

Hahahaha, yeah. XD He has no fear. He walks right up to them. Simon was raised with a hamster so we trust him fully with him, the others haven't really shown any interest in hunting him either. They'll just watch him run around in his ball. He runs right into them and they don't move. Earlier today though he was on the bed and walked Emmett and they touched noses. xD It was awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Aww what a lovely cinnamon banded Syrian. I've got two myself who are currently living in their zoozone 2's. Can I ask a quick question? Has he got a wheel in his cage?? And how long is his cage? xx

That's awesome. Yup, he's got a wheel. lol. As far as I knew all rodents need one. Other than that, I'm not sure exactly how long his cage is as it was just what came with him from his previous owner. I'd prolly say it's about a foot, but I could be wrong. We plan to buy extensions for it to give Kain more room to roam.