Look at my baby, Tails! :3

Kawaii!! (Cute!!) hehe. Thanks so much for sharing! I miss my old kitty back in the USA. I likely won't have another cat ever again because of hubbies allergies and my dream of adopting a cat eate.....I mean Siberian Husky! :P Just kidding. hehe. Well you know what I mean, high prey drive and everything. :P But doesn't stop me enjoying spending time with other peoples kitties when I get a chance. :D

That is one cute feline :P

My rough collie had some major issues with cats. When you get your husky try to put him in a room alone. Close the door and sit in front of while holding your cat. He'll sniff him through the door and the cat wont get scared. In my collies case It took 2 months before my cat stopped bothering him.

I can't say much about huskies regarding how they act towards other animals, but my experience has shown me that puppies raised with cats and other animals usually react well when they are older. Remember to keep personal items (food bowl, toys, bed, etc) in different rooms and you'll be okay (I hope ;)) !

Good luck :D

That is one cute feline :P

My rough collie had some major issues with cats. When you get your husky try to put him in a room alone. Close the door and sit in front of while holding your cat. He'll sniff him through the door and the cat wont get scared. In my collies case It took 2 months before my cat stopped bothering him.

I can't say much about huskies regarding how they act towards other animals, but my experience has shown me that puppies raised with cats and other animals usually react well when they are older. Remember to keep personal items (food bowl, toys, bed, etc) in different rooms and you'll be okay (I hope ;)) !

Good luck :D

Thank you!

So, is that how I should introduce them, not by face to face?

And when they do meet face to face and the puppy starts to bite Tails, what should I do?

Thank you!

And when they do meet face to face and the puppy starts to bite Tails, what should I do?

face to face meeting is not always a good idea... you better keep the puppy a bit far from you (maybe put her/him on leash and ask a family member to hold the leash) so that unwanted things won't happen :) that is a very cute cat btw... Male or female?:wub:

b

face to face meeting is not always a good idea... you better keep the puppy a bit far from you (maybe put her/him on leash and ask a family member to hold the leash) so that unwanted things won't happen :) that is a very cute cat btw... Male or female?:wub:

Thank you and he is a boy haha

But they're going to have to meet face to face one day o:

Thank you!

Face to face usually generates anxiety. I'd let the dog sniff the cat first through the method I posted above. It's safer and there is less "what you looking at bro?!" from the dog :P.

As for biting... well like I said before this is my first husky. But my experience with puppies meeting cats (especially adult ones!) showed me it's usually the other way around. The cat will probably start hitting your puppy. Maybe even bite him.

No no no. I'm sorry I didn't explain myself correctly.

Use that method during a few days before letting them meet face to face. I can't really tell you when to do that though since It can take as little as 2-3 days with 2 sessions of 5 minutes per day, or up to a month with 10 sessions a day. However I can tell you when I do it.

I usually wait until my dogs lose interest quickly. I sit in front of the door, call the dog, he sniffs for a few seconds and walks away. Same thing with cats. They will probably get scared anyway but not as much as the first sessions. When they do that for like, 2 days straight with 2-3 sessions a day. I let them meet face to face.

I usually get positive results with this method. But just to be on the safe side have someone hold your puppy while you hold the cat. Oh and keeping them at the same level (never one higher than the other) is something I believe to be extremely important.

Happy training :D!

No no no. I'm sorry I didn't explain myself correctly.

Use that method during a few days before letting them meet face to face. I can't really tell you when to do that though since It can take as little as 2-3 days with 2 sessions of 5 minutes per day, or up to a month with 10 sessions a day. However I can tell you when I do it.

I usually wait until my dogs lose interest quickly. I sit in front of the door, call the dog, he sniffs for a few seconds and walks away. Same thing with cats. They will probably get scared anyway but not as much as the first sessions. When they do that for like, 2 days straight with 2-3 sessions a day. I let them meet face to face.

I usually get positive results with this method. But just to be on the safe side have someone hold your puppy while you hold the cat. Oh and keeping them at the same level (never one higher than the other) is something I believe to be extremely important.

Happy training :D!

Oh okay thank you very much and I hope you have fun with your new pal as well! :P

b

Thank you and he is a boy haha

But they're going to have to meet face to face one day o:

yea I'm talking about their first meeting up there ;) after your dog got used to Tails they'll be okay together. Never leave them alone unsupervised tho...