Still missing Jasmine

husky49

As a new member I wanted to post a brief tribute to our first Husky, Jasmine, who we lost to cancer in 2009. We adopted her as a senior from a local shelter after her previous owner dumped her because he "got tired of a dog that was always trying to run away".

Well she never tried to run away from us. In fact the one time she accidently got loose she calmly walked up to me in the driveway as if to ask "how do I get back inside?".

She was our beautiful, gentle girl with electric blue eyes and the 4 short years we were blessed to be owned by her turned us into lifelong Sibe people.

We still miss you Jas!

post-9324-13997146655926_thumb.jpg

post-143-0-31579500-1399713803_thumb.jpg

post-9324-1399713386206_thumb.jpg

post-7445-13586034040075_thumb.jpg

post-7445-13586034040629_thumb.jpg

post-7445-13586034041421_thumb.jpg

Bless your heart for giving her a wonderful home for her last, senior, golden years!

Jasmine, you did a fine job of converting another family to husky ownership! So happy that you found someone to love you and to provide you with a forever home, no matter how short your forever was.

I have a very special place in my heart for the seniors.................there's NOTHING like the love of an old friend!

You're right Becky, seniors are very special. I was actually looking to adopt another senior as a companion for our 9 year old Julie when we adopted our Ben who was only 3 at the time. His time was up at a high kill shelter but it turned out great for all of us because he has the kind of laid back approach to life that I value in older Sibes, but in the future we will always look to adopt a senior first.

Lots of people do not adopt older dogs because of their age but a 9 year old dog can still have a long life in front of them, our buck lived until he was nearly 19 years old.And was still running around like a pup at 17, and could still run around with other dogs until his death. People get mastiffs and other large dogs as pups that on average will only live 5 or 6 years, so getting a senior dog doesn't mean you will not have many years together.

We hope to be able to keep shaer pulling our rig to at least 10 if not longer as long as she is still able and wants too.

We own a malamute and for some reason quiet a few only live until about 5 but if they get past this barrier they go on to live 12 to 14 on average.

Hello Bob,

We want to thank you for doing such a noble act of kindness for rescuing a Senior dog.:lovebone: Every body wants the puppy, and overlooks the Senior. They too need their fur-ever home and want to be loved until their last day. We have rescued two Siberians ourselves, Dakota and Kayak and our first was an eight week old pup named Sasha. Sorry for your loss, though your heart will always have Jasmine's paw prints on it, but allowing you to open your heart once again, for another in need.

Friend, confidant, faithful companion. Giver of unconditional love, with sympathy for the loss of your Jasmine. :heartbeat: May she run:kimba2: pain free with all those at the Rainbow bridge along side with our Sasha and Dakota.:rainbowbridge::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat: