Stinky husky any ideas?

davidjk

ok micha is smelly, and yes i could bath her, but she goes swimming in the canal every day, and then i would have to bathe her again, and she hates having a bath.

she loves swimming, so i dont want to stop her swimming.

does anyone know of a home remedy or similar i can put on her coat that will reduce the odour.

if you are on a room with her it is so obvious,

saskia doesnt smell, but then she only goes in up to her belly and not completeley in like micha.

hi David i got some wipes from the pet shop but i cant remember the name they are like baby wipes but much bigger and thicker then have a lavinder smell to them. you put in microwave for 5 seconds they were great. i'll try find them when i go pet shop and find the name x

sorry my memery not great it's the age

If she likes swimming but hates bathes... try getting a small children's pool that she can go into after she swims in the canal.

that way she's swimming (sort of) and the clean water will hopefully wash away some of the canal baddies out of the fur.

Then spritz her when she gets out of the pool with a Doggy fragrance spray you can get at the pet store to deodorize and give her a nice smell. If you do it when she gets out before she dries off, the good smell should stick with her.

• 2 months later...

kpdah is a stinker too, kinds cheesy smelling and can never keep his coat white.he used to constantly swim in the pond behind our house,until he got some infection from bacteria in the water.so that area is now fenced off.But he does go in the pool but he never dries throughly causeing him to stink, now that pool is shut down he is not to stinky now, but with all the rain and dirt he is back to his stank self again...give your dog a nice warm soaking bath in some apple cider vineger, not to much, just enough that you can smell it in the air, plus use some good dog shampoo not the cheap stuff from walmart.as much as i say he smells he kodah prolly thinks he smells good and that us humans smell gross with all are soaps and perfumes.kodah takes pride in being stank, i still love to cuddle with his stank butt. he is the reason carpets are steam cleaned every month.

ok micha is smelly, and yes i could bath her, but she goes swimming in the canal every day, and then i would have to bathe her again, and she hates having a bath.

she loves swimming, so i dont want to stop her swimming.

does anyone know of a home remedy or similar i can put on her coat that will reduce the odour.

if you are on a room with her it is so obvious,

saskia doesnt smell, but then she only goes in up to her belly and not completeley in like micha.

kpdah is a stinker too, kinds cheesy smelling and can never keep his coat white.he used to constantly swim in the pond behind our house,until he got some infection from bacteria in the water.so that area is now fenced off.But he does go in the pool but he never dries throughly causeing him to stink, now that pool is shut down he is not to stinky now, but with all the rain and dirt he is back to his stank self again...give your dog a nice warm soaking bath in some apple cider vineger, not to much, just enough that you can smell it in the air, plus use some good dog shampoo not the cheap stuff from walmart.as much as i say he smells he kodah prolly thinks he smells good and that us humans smell gross with all are soaps and perfumes.kodah takes pride in being stank, i still love to cuddle with his stank butt. he is the reason carpets are steam cleaned every month.

lol yes round michas collar is kinda cheesy in fact we have 2 collars so one gets washed one gets worn. michas the reason we have all wodden floors washing carpets are a pain in the arse.

i will try the apple cider vinegar, i have fitted shower taps which helps. the biggest problem is drieing her afterwards it takes ages and i dont want to over heat her with a hair drier.

at the moment i use shampoo for smelly dogs, and bathe her once a week, as she is still swimming even though the temps are now down to 5 degrees.

she still isnt happy about it, but she is slowly getting used to it. she doesnt sulk for days afterwards now