...Part Mal?

I just came back from PetSmart with Jack. He is still 3 months old (13 weeks tomorrow if I remember correctly). He's starting growing - that weird spurt where the ears outgrow the head and the legs outgrow the body. And the trainer was there in the store and commented on Jack. He said Jack might be part Malamute because his legs are.. well, chunky. They were chunkier than his own dog (which, as far as I know - isn't a husky and is really lanky). But I told him it was just mostly fluff. Then again, Jack's father looked really big (and fluffy) but he was only 65lb. And Jack is supposedly the 2nd heaviest/biggest of his litter - according to the breeder.

So really. I don't know what to think anymore because his mother is definitely a Sibe. His father might be just a really big Sibe. Jack is... just a fluffy growing Sibe. At one point a couple weeks ago I thought he might have been part Mal too, because he was growing so fast. But really, once he's watered down during bath time, he's actually very, skinny. For 21 lb.

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

What do you guys think, since members here have a lot more experience than I do.

He looks pure Siberian to me... I have several Siberians who are bigger boned, and my boys are usually around 65 lbs. A lot of it depends on the line they're from. Here's a picture of my Kodi, taken in Januarypost-1354-0-09187900-1390124762_thumb.jp - notice how much more bulky he is than many of the dogs you'll see on the forum! He's out of some show lines (mainly) that tend to be a little heavier built and have lots and lots of coat!

post-1869-13586024953883_thumb.jpg

I found this on another site, Loki an Safi are brother an sister but he has the show type shape and she is a standard working type.

Types of Siberian Husky

Show Type

Standard/Working type

Sprint-racing type

Typically heavy boned, short backed, thick chested and short legged, i.e. a short upperam and almost no pastern. The deepest point of the chest is below the elbows, hindering freedom of movement in harness.

Angulation is insufficient in both front and rear.

The head is little elegant with a relatively wide skull and short, broad muzzle.

The eyes are often round.

Being heavy and coarse, it gives the impression of a freight dog.

This type can be considered moderate all over. It has moderate bone and medium length of leg. The back is neither too short nor too long. The chest is well developed with the deepest point of the chest level with the elbows.

The head is elegant and neither wide, nor narrow in skull, with medium length of muzzle. Eyes are almond shaped giving a keen and friendly expression.

Being neither heavy boned and short-legged nor extremely light-boned and long legged.

In general, specimens of the sprint-type are light-boned, long in back, excessively long legged & straight shouldered with poor front assembly. The elbows are placed far below the ribcage. The pasterns are excessively long.

The head is either snipy with long muzzle or flat and broad with little to no stop; often missing the pleasing head Siberians are known for.

The coat is often very short.

The show-type does not fit the recognised Breed standard.

This type fits the Breed standard the closest.

Being too light and fragile, the sprint-racing type does not fit the standard.

s_husky.jpg

n_husky.jpg

r_husky.jpg