Computer sound problem

Rocky0865

hi, iv got this problem on my computer, it makes this "printing sound" when i speak through skype as my mates say. I can hear a buzzing like sound when i record any thing, this repeats every 1-2 seconds even though i cannot hear anything when it is on my lap nor when i put it next to my ear, this problem wouldn't really bother me but i am trying to learn french through rosetta stone and that sound toggles the speech recognition and doesnt let me learn :banghead::duh:, i have NO idea how to fix that. my laptop is acer aspire 5742, if any one has an idea or advice i could use please post it here ;):help::anyhelp: thanks

Also have a look on the vendors website and see if there are any updated drivers for the mic. It may be as simple as running an update, however more likley to the be causes stated above tbh

didnt help ;( i feel a bit creeped mabey there are souls in my house :eek: and no there were no phones around, the other side of the room doesnt count does it?

and no external stuff only built in ones, i have no clue what drivers iv got and which ones i should update, anyway iv atached another file of the creepy sound after running the program :D

thanks though and please tell me if there are any other solutions

Untitled.zip

Okay, my best guess here after listening to both recordings. It's possible that it's feedback, don't really think so since there's no other noise from the recording. However - if you're leaning forward so you get better access to the mike ( which I presume is in the lid ) you could be causing an echo between the speakers ( bouncing off of you, which you are now right on top of ) being picked up by the microphone.

What it really sounds like to me is radio interference. Do you older guys remember the day of tying to play a radio in a computer room? The RF from the computer came out with all sorts of freaky noise and the RF from the radio could play havoc with an unshielded computer ( ala B1700! )

I'll ask the question that was asked, but more generically --- are there ANY other electronic devices within, let's say, a meter to 1.5 meters???

• 3 weeks later...

Having listened to the "voices" they tell me, you are using the intergrated microphone & Speakers, and there-in lies your problem. They tell me to advise you to

1) Turn down amplification and the sensitivity of your mic from control panel.

2) adjust the Mic feedback on the "intergrated MIC speaker" properties too. Ie: use the speaker adjustmnets/mixer near the little clock in the bottom corner to kill that Mic feedback.

this should fix.

If this doesnt work,

1) pack a bag

2) leave your house and your laptop behind

3) call an excorcist

4) document your story and sell it for screenplay adaptation.

5) live very happily every after.

hope this helps.

did you hear that....?

whats that noi..

Having listened to the "voices" they tell me, you are using the intergrated microphone & Speakers, and there-in lies your problem. They tell me to advise you to

1) Turn down amplification and the sensitivity of your mic from control panel.

2) adjust the Mic feedback on the "intergrated MIC speaker" properties too. Ie: use the speaker adjustmnets/mixer near the little clock in the bottom corner to kill that Mic feedback.

this should fix.

If this doesnt work,

1) pack a bag

2) leave your house and your laptop behind

3) call an excorcist

4) document your story and sell it for screenplay adaptation.

5) live very happily every after.

hope this helps.

did you hear that....?

whats that noi..

:doglaugh:

earthed? what does that mean? is it that the charger has 3 outputs for the socket? :D

Yep. That, or any other way the computer is connected with the ground in some kind of way. I don't have such socket in my room, and my audio made a very annoying static sound. Even worse, I couldn't talk over over Skype with my friends because all they kept hearing was this buzzing sound. I've now attached a wire directly at the back of my computer to heating pipe and all these problems went away.