loss of pigment with age?

I :heartbeat: Bings! So cute! And I see husky fur stuck to his nose :cheeky:

lol husky fur is EVERYWHERE XD

I'm pretty sure that our black labs nose started to get lighter as he aged, I think he was 14 or 15 when he died. That was quite a while ago though so I'm not 100% sure.

Bings is about 13 now

Our GSD is 13yrs but has no color change in the skin on his nose, but the change in his all black snout through the years is amazing....his jet black fur up his nose and face is almost completely gray now. and the black on his chest started getting salt and pepper looking last year. I never noticed much aging like that in Alice the Husky, she just got thin and her hair was scruffy towards the end.

I had an odd thing happen right after we moved we got big plastic buckets for their water in the yard and kennels. Everyone started getting pink spots that turned into stripes. Even my boys that never got snow nose were getting it. The first question my vet asked was if we were using plastic bowls. Apparently they are prone to growing an alge that discloses the nose and lips. Stopped using the plastic and everyone's pigment returned. Even my almost 9yr old still has a black perfect nose.

thanks gigi :)

I had an odd thing happen right after we moved we got big plastic buckets for their water in the yard and kennels. Everyone started getting pink spots that turned into stripes. Even my boys that never got snow nose were getting it. The first question my vet asked was if we were using plastic bowls. Apparently they are prone to growing an alge that discloses the nose and lips. Stopped using the plastic and everyone's pigment returned. Even my almost 9yr old still has a black perfect nose.

we use metal bowls n they have their water inside :)