My cat isn't liking my husky.

Well I have had my husky, Wizard, for a week now. My cat, Lily who is only about 8 months old, finally came off the fridge yesterday and was chillin on the couch with me. Wizard is very curious about Lily, he never gets too close though because Lily freaks out a little bit. So I was laying on the couch with Wizard on the floor next to me and Lily was laying at my feet. Then I felt something warm...and wet.. Lily thought it would be really funny to pee on me. Not on something but ON MY LEGS!!! I was so mad. I guess I need to give her more time to get used to Wizard. Its not like she hasn't been around other animals, I rescued her from a house with 5 dogs and 4 cats.. Not sure what to do with her. :(

My boyfriend and I have had our girl Rogue for about 9 months and his cat Twig still runs out from behind doors and attacks her >.< She is a good girl though and always walks away with her ears down, its sad because I know she just wants to be friends. Give them time to ajust to eachother in their own time, and it might take a long time...but eventualy Lilly will realize that Wizard isnt going to kill her. Keep an eye on them though, Expesialy around toys or bones.

A week is a very short time the poor thing will most likely need a few months if not more to adjust properly. Animals are like individuals like humans you don't meet a person for 10mins and suddenly become long lost sisters or brothers with them. Even though you have been around people all your life in say school or at a job that doesn't make everyone you meet automatically your friend lol. Same with animals I've had Kiana 2yrs now and my roomate's cats hate her with a passion. None of them have been around dogs before and two grew up with her and she's never done anything aggressive with them. Keep your chin up it'll come with time she will learn to tolerate Wizard just relax and keep a watchful eye when they interact :)

I know. The thing about her is Lily normally loves all new animals. People and animals she has always gone right up to them. But she just hates Wizard. She hasn't peed on anything since I posted so thats good, but she still hangs out on top of the fridge all the time. I had to put her food up there so she can actually eat. And I literally have to carry her to her litter box or there will be a mess on top of the fridge for me when I get home. Hope she doesn't get too used to that..

I know. The thing about her is Lily normally loves all new animals. People and animals she has always gone right up to them. But she just hates Wizard. She hasn't peed on anything since I posted so thats good, but she still hangs out on top of the fridge all the time. I had to put her food up there so she can actually eat. And I literally have to carry her to her litter box or there will be a mess on top of the fridge for me when I get home. Hope she doesn't get too used to that..
Maybe its just that to a cat Huskies are kind of a scary breed. Also your cat might be scared of Wizard because wile your gone he torments her? Sometimes if I leave Rogue alone with the cats she will get one cornered under a table or on top of something and wont let the cat go anywere else for fun. She doesnt want to kill the cats it is just another game for her to play. If you can, maybe keeping them seperated when your not around will help. I hope things get better for you though! Im sure they will get along eventualy :)

UPDATE!

Lily is getting more comfortable with Wizard being around. I got a very rare picture to prove it! It was only 2 minutes after i got this picture that Lily moved and Wizard chased her up the fridge again. but this moment lasted almost a whole 10 minutes! Its progress..

post-8679-0-85522000-1374121302_thumb.jp

post-6534-13586010708246_thumb.jpg

well even if Lily normally likes all kind of animals, it's not weird if there's just one animal that she doesn't like. And in this case, that (un)lucky animal is your lovely Wizard xD my baby boy Diamond has never been an only dog ever since he was born. He likes all kind of dogs: he even made a somewhat aggressive Rottie friendly within minutes :eek: but he just can't tolerate this one particular pomeranian x_x just like us humans, no matter how social we are, there must be one person that we just can't get along with :P give them time, as you can see they keep progressing :D