do we or dont we?

OH's friend at work is trying to find a good home for a staffy x american bulldog (i think, cant remember the exact cross, but its legal breeds)

young dog, about 6 months old, red and white (my favourite!!!), it was the friends nieces, but she doesnt want it, friend had it for a little while, but his wife has mental health issues and couldnt cope with it, niece took it back, now doesnt want it again

OH just text me asking if i can try to find him a home, and we're now discussing 'fostering', but this will probably lead to the staffy staying, since they are difficult to rehome, and there is no way in hell im sending him off to his death in a rescue!

I want him! OH seems on the fence, he also likes staffies, but he has said no more dogs, tho he knows this pup will probably be a lot easier than another husky, we've both said NO more sibes for the time being lol

Things to think about:

walks - theres no way i could walk 4 at a time, though Im thinking of walking 2 at a time. Plus hoping I'll have more success at teaching staffy boy to walk loose lead!

additional costs - I'll be made redundant in the new year, but OH has just secured a promotion! We're not sure exactly how much extra money this will bring in each month yet, but it would be enough to cover the dogs costs

him vs grey - grey can be funny with boys in his house, however im hoping because he's still young that Grey will accept him, and with his breed he should be smaller, which will also mean less confrontation.

Keyu's seasons - he is intact, so we'll either have to neuter early (maybe best for a staff? i dunno!) or send him away for a couple of weeks ever 6 months

I dont know what to do!!!! lmao

IMO, the best way to see if this will work is to get the staffy and Grey together. The last thing you want is to create chaos. You know Grey doesn't appreciate other males so just see how a meeting goes. Grey may surprise you and accept the staffy - but don't be surprised if he won't. There is no reason to put yourself through this if Grey is not going to accept another into the pack.

As far as walking them, do two at a time as Storm suggests. You have the desire to make this work, but it's really up to Grey at this point.

I agree, get him together with Grey and see how they get along - and then think about it from there. Keep in mind that while the Staffie mix may be smaller, if they should get into it, his jaws are powerful enough that he could do a lot more damage than another Siberian...

staffs are great dogs one of mine weighed in at 5 1/2 stone and was a big lad and very lean and american bulldogs can get quite big dont know much about the bulldogs but had staffs for 15 years carnt prasie the breed enough you could walk my big fella on your little finger. here is a pic of him at about 10 months old god i miss this dog

post-5039-13586004991785_thumb.jpg