After Spaying Op . . .

Hey there, Storm is getting spayed tomorrow morning and I've taken the weekend of work so I can keep an eye on her. However Storm is reallly active and bouncy usuallyso anyone out there have any tips on how to keep her calm and not jumping all over the place? And when can I take her on walks again?? Thanks guys x

Well I'll be taking her for a good walk before the op which is at 9:30. So hopefully she'll be drowsy enough to not need another walk in the evening. She's so hyper most of the time and usually quite daft that she'd probably try to jump the sofas etc lol it's just trying to keep her exercised in the days after. I'm sure short gentle walks should be ok. So glad I got the wydwl harness!!

Well I'll be taking her for a good walk before the op which is at 9:30. So hopefully she'll be drowsy enough to not need another walk in the evening. She's so hyper most of the time and usually quite daft that she'd probably try to jump the sofas etc lol it's just trying to keep her exercised in the days after. I'm sure short gentle walks should be ok. So glad I got the wydwl harness!!

yeh she will b fine - blaze actually never missed any of his walks - the day of the op i only took him half way round our route (loops back to the house) but the days after he just had his normal walks - without the cone tho he wouldnt pee with the cone on as he couldnt sniff anything

Siku was really out of it right after being spayed (I picked her up the same day). I didn't give her any pain meds, cause she didn't seem to be in a ton of pain, just enough to keep her calm and not wanting to run around. After about 3 or 4 days though, it was getting harder to keep her calm!

she will be doped up on the drugs still probably, kira was really dopey and sleepy for the 1st night after her op

lots of chews, and crate rest for the 1st day or so, for the 1st week after her spay i walked her seperately and on a headcollar so she didnt bounce around and pull

I had Echo spayed at the end of October.. when I got her home around 4:30 pm, she was so drowsy she did not get up again til the next morning (I had to do a lot of enticing to get her to even go outside real quick to potty before bedtime). She laid low for the first 2 days (was on pain meds), then her energy came back, and it was definetly hard to keep her from playing! Leash walks only (no running) and short walks at that. I gradually built her back up to being active again. She healed up very nicely and she was back in action in about 10 days. It definetly is difficult to keep their activity low and constantly had to divert her attention to chew toys, stuffed kongs, etc. Hope all goes well!

It is routine for nurses to explain it all to you when you leave.

Stacey xxx

yea i know, I just wanted to find out other peoples experiences to see how they got on.

I had Echo spayed at the end of October.. when I got her home around 4:30 pm, she was so drowsy she did not get up again til the next morning (I had to do a lot of enticing to get her to even go outside real quick to potty before bedtime). She laid low for the first 2 days (was on pain meds), then her energy came back, and it was definetly hard to keep her from playing! Leash walks only (no running) and short walks at that. I gradually built her back up to being active again. She healed up very nicely and she was back in action in about 10 days. It definetly is difficult to keep their activity low and constantly had to divert her attention to chew toys, stuffed kongs, etc. Hope all goes well!

Its gonna be hard work to keep her from jumping about the place esp with 3 other dogs in the house that she loves to play with!

Thanks for the tips guys!! :)