Nature Diet

Im looking for a food which I can take camping with us and will keep for 4 days for my boys and I have thought of maybe trying the Nature Diet as it looks like a "commercial" version of the BARF diet which would be ideal.

I have seen this around before and have heard a few others that have tried it and said it is really good for their dogs.

Just want to see if anyone else has tried this and do they know if it would keep for 4 days.

http://www.naturediet.co.uk/productsUSPs.html

Thanks guys

We use it for Eika, she has that and some Burns kibbles...

She loves it...and our trainer recommends it as well...if they're unopened, they will keep until their expiry date, usually around 6 months - a year from when you purchase it. When opened it should be refrigerated and can be kept for 48 hours. But if you're feeding one each (they are quite big) then you'll be fine...but i'm sure if you're feeding half in the morning and half in the evening it won't be a problem not fridgeing it...take some cling film and it'll be like it was never opened!

Oh and quick warning, the fish one stinks so bad, i nearly threw up...very very fishy!

thanks guys. Thinking if this does keep then this maybe the best option for them with the added raw bone if we can source some should hopefully be good enough for them. Saying that I dont know how they will react when they realise it's not prize steak they are getting - fussy eaters at time lmao what sibe aint though!

• 3 months later...

Good stuff this Natures Diet ;)

We have been using this for a while now.

We started to mix it with the dry kibble to add a bit of variety/flavour, as Maddi is a really fussy.:rolleyes:

We cut it into 8 equal sized cubes, and use 2 with each meal.

We cover the packet with foil and refridgerate in between, and it lasts for 48hrs this way.

Both the dogs love it, and seem to really enjoy it.:cool:

However, we only use 3 of the flavours, Chicken, Rabbit&Turkey, and Lamb.

This is mainly because we get them from our local Countrywide Farmers as it's convenient and reasonably priced.

Marty