going deaf?

ok so Bing is bein strange he cnt hear noises far away anymore unless they r loud but can hear noises near him even if they r rly quiet is he going deaf/hard ov hearing?

like when i get home from work he normally runs 2 the top ov the stairs n he has stopped doin this now like he cnt hear me come in

the other night he did hear me come in tho sometimes he seems fine others (most ov the time) he doesnt

The way I checked our last Husky, Elke, when I thought she was going deaf, was to put my head behind hers, and say her name real loud. She did not flintch. I tried several times. Nothing. I then had her checked at the vet, and he confirmed. Of course, Elke was 13+ years at the time. So it was simply old age.

I wouldn't say he's going deaf >>> mainly 'cos i dont want to be negative. Hes older now so his hearing is probably just gotton worse as thats what age does to you, if he can still hear loud noises thats fine. Hes still playing with Blaze so he has his legs and sounds healthy, i think its just one of the inevitable truths that comes with ageing, with animals and humans alike. My friend has a 10 year old GSD (pretty old for a GSD too! The life expectancy is only 10 years plus she is KC) and her hearing has gotton a bit muffled, her back legs are a little weaker >>> but this doesn't stop her climbing the stairs at night to go to bed >>>> I think Bing sounds fine. However if it does get worse over the weeks then he may actually be going deaf, but if he stays how he is now i think his hearing is just affected rather than deaf. If this does happen a trip to the vets may be needed to confirm it.