hi, newbie here

spoke too soon, they just had a scrap over food, they swapped bowls halfway through and when keira changed her mind again and went back to hers it started a riot, i kicked one out the door and checked for blood on both and both ok despite isha yelping for about a minute (drama queen). took food away so they will have to wait till tea time to finish it now, waited 10 minutes and let keira back in and they are ok again now, silly dogs lol, another bonding walk needed i think.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oops lol Good idea removing the food - Kaiser tries to have a sneak munch of Kimba's food sometimes but kimba growls and kasier backs off - he has ignored the growl sometimes but kimba just stares at him and he backs off LOL

lol they have it sorted, our problem is keira wont stop whatever shes doing when isha growls and then after a few minutes she steps it up to a snarl with teeth showing and keira still carries on regardless, eventually poor ish has no choice but to snap and then we have a riot! i think keira is just oblivious to body language/pack behaviour or she may be a bit thick lol

heres a few more pics of isha, she actually loves the rabbit and has spent the last year playing with him in the garden despite his habbit of kicking her in the head when she has a nap.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go rabbit!!!!

Great pics Deb, should have hooked her up the sledge though lol lol

ROFLMFAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awwwwwwwww lol lol lol lol

That cheered me up no end sorry - you probably wanted her to trot along pulling the sled but that first pic is soooo funny i love it :D :D :D added to rep for making me laugh out loud in work lol

hey debs welcome to the pack.

We are new to this to only joined lunchtime today but yes the people on here are really helpful.

We havent picked our husky up yet picking it up in 2 weeks as moving house its 6 weeks old.

Enjoy the forum

crystal & ryan.

ohh you must be so excited, i remember long ago waiting to collect isha from her breeder, she was too far away to see her before we went up on the train to collect her but i had photos and rang them 3 times a week for 5 weeks asking what she was doing?, has she been out today?, whats she eaten today?, did you worm her today? are her eyes still blue today? lol. no wonder they told me to come get her at 7 weeks, they were obviously fed up with me ringing! im sure you will get loads of advice from this site, everyone is lovely and very helpfull and dedicated to their huskies, i hope to see loads of piccies soon

hi everyone i need to pick your brains again im afraid, ish and keira are bonding slowly but surely, a friend of mine who used to be a dog trainer recons that a sure way to make them "friends" is to meet up with him and his 2 very submissive german sheperds while all 4 off lead on a walk, he says isha will feel protective towards keira as they live together and his two are super submissive so she shouldnt try to kill them (not that she would be able to, their giants) and this would make their bond stronger and maybe teach isha that other dogs are ok, he assures me that even if isha had a go at his two they would not retaliate in any way, i would love to see isha enjoying other dogs company but am a bit scared to let her mix (which is why she is like she is), i know keira would play lovely with his two sheperds and maybe it would do isha some good to see that, what do you all think?

hi kevin, i didnt take the girls yesterday as my friend is ill at the moment and cant get out, i dont really think they need much help actually as they seem to be getting on fine the last few days (untill today when they had a dissagreement and i stepped in and got bitten on the leg), they are still working thinks out, isha seems to be the boss at home but when we go for our long walk every night isha is off lead and keira is on but isha wont overtake keira unless she is on the other side of the road and just happens to get ahead, she even comes back to us and deliberatly walks next to keira but a few steps behind so her nose is level with keiras shoulder and unless keira stops to sniff something thats where she will stay, when were down one of the many bridal paths they walk in single file with keira in the lead and i have to walk in the bloody brambles alongside cos keiras lead wont reach with isha between us lol, anyway apart from a chewed flip flop and a chewed up willow tree operation keira is going well so far.