Wooly or no?

Where did you get your pup from? The only way to know for sure if your pup is 100% purebred is if it came with pedigree papers.

Wooly or long coats are considered a fault, these links may be useful if you want to look at the differences between a correct coat and a long/wooly coat:

http://www.huskycolors.com/wooly.html

A comparison between a long/wooly coat and a regular length coated Siberian:

http://www.huskycolors.com/coat.html

So yes a Siberian can still be purebred if it has a long or wooly coat, but it's considered a fault as it can impact on the dog's working ability and as such, long or wooly coat dogs should not be bred from.

Our first Husky, Elke was a long-haired Husky. Zoya, our current Husky, is a short-haired Husky. To be honest, with Elke, the long hair did not really develop until she was about 8 to 10 months old. I have some photos of Elke when she was a pup (somewhere?) and there was no indication which way she was going to go. Her dad was a long hair and her mom was a short hair.

Attached a few photos of Elke (RIP) who was a long-haired Husky. The bottom two were taken when she was 14 years old.

post-322-13585943295717_thumb.jpg

post-322-13585943296132_thumb.jpg

post-322-1358594329673_thumb.jpg

I was under the impression that there was a difference between wooly and long hair. Wooly being tightly packed and curly undercoat and the long hair being the outer coat. Elke was a long-hair and developed a wooly undercoat when she was bout 13 years old, and only on her hind legs. Before that, her undercoat was normal, just her outer coat was long. Two of the photos of her in my previous post show her when she was blowing her coat. Fault or not, she was a great dog and it did not matter to us, although having had both, the short hair is much easier to deal with.

smeagle - Both of his parents have papers, the pups were not a planned litter so they were not registered. Geno will not be breeding or showing so im not worried about that. I was more or less just curious. I know the three looks of the coats ( the normal short coat , the plush but not long coat and the long knotty coat) i just wanted to see what people might think he would be based on how he looks as a pup now.. he seems to be growing into it a bit so im not sure. hes obviously not a short coat. i would love for him to look like the dog i showed a few posts ago, more fluffy then the normal coats but not really long. i guess im just anxious to see what he ends up lookin like.

smeagle - Both of his parents have papers, the pups were not a planned litter so they were not registered. Geno will not be breeding or showing so im not worried about that. I was more or less just curious. I know the three looks of the coats ( the normal short coat , the plush but not long coat and the long knotty coat) i just wanted to see what people might think he would be based on how he looks as a pup now.. he seems to be growing into it a bit so im not sure. hes obviously not a short coat. i would love for him to look like the dog i showed a few posts ago, more fluffy then the normal coats but not really long. i guess im just anxious to see what he ends up lookin like.

No worries - have you asked his breeders what they think? They may have seen it in their lines before :)

The dog whose picture you posted above looks like a normal Sibe coat to me.