not responding all the time

i can be half way thru typing a reply - or scrolling down the screen or clicking between fb and here and my web page suddenly stops working tells me its not responding for a few seconds then carries on waorking <-- spelling mistake - because of it crashing - its just done it 3 times now GRR

WHY!? i got the latest version of firefox which seems to have helped abit as in its not , not responding for more then a second or two (just did it again) but its still annoying n i have no idea why its doing it (and again - twice) i thought it might be my net but my bros on their xboxes or mum on her laptop work fine - just my laptop :/ help!?

it started doing it yesterday ...........

:headbang: <--- appropriate for how i feel atm with it

ETA: ive just closed fb n its not stopped working as of yet - so its either the brower cant handle more then 1 tab open at a time anymore or its fb??

ETAA: i think its fb - i have this open and amazon just scrolling around n flicking between the 2 n its fine :confused:

ive already scanned it - might have delete cookies n stuff tho - its fine so long as im not on fb :/

Facebook has started really lagging since they started adding more adverts and more moving adverts.

Do check your temporary internet files though because facebook also saves lots of unwanted images on your PC in your temporary file.

Stacey xxx

I've had it a few times on this forum with Firefox as well. But I'm quite sure what's the cause of it and don't think it's the same as yours. It's usually when I'm working on the site and am using the developer plugin Firebug. I think it clashes a bit with the chat on the main page.

For the rest it sounds like a bit like your problem. Firefox freezes once in a while (at a regular interval) for a few seconds. Most noticeable when scrolling. Once it starts, it doesn't matter for me how many tabs I close, it keeps happening. I can only "fix" it by restarting Firefox.

I don't consider my problem an Firefox issue, more of a performance problem with Firebug. Are you using any addons in Firefox? Does restarting Firefox (and opening the exact same tabs as before you closed it) fixes it for you?

I've had it a few times on this forum with Firefox as well. But I'm quite sure what's the cause of it and don't think it's the same as yours. It's usually when I'm working on the site and am using the developer plugin Firebug. I think it clashes a bit with the chat on the main page.

For the rest it sounds like a bit like your problem. Firefox freezes once in a while (at a regular interval) for a few seconds. Most noticeable when scrolling. Once it starts, it doesn't matter for me how many tabs I close, it keeps happening. I can only "fix" it by restarting Firefox.

I don't consider my problem an Firefox issue, more of a performance problem with Firebug. Are you using any addons in Firefox? Does restarting Firefox (and opening the exact same tabs as before you closed it) fixes it for you?

no addons that i know of? nope closing it n restarting it doesnt fix it - its fine so long as i dont have facebook up on a tab - i can have a few tabs open n so long as facebook isnt one of them it works fine

Facebook is running like a steaming pile of turd atm, I reckon its to do with that more than your browser, but its still always good to clear out cookies and temp inet files, I doubt Defragging your hdd will help much, i might be worth opening 2 seperate pages for FB and HO, rather than tabs.

• 2 months later...

Taking a look again at Chrome after Nix changed her status, still not impressed.

1) It's using 480,000K with 11 processes for 8 tabs / FF (Minfield x64) is using 280,000 for the same 8 tabs with 1 process.

2) What gives with passwords, I said remember them, now how using them when I log in like FF does.

3) How do you get the menu bar - I'm one of those people who actually use it.