So your picky huh?

For those that dont know. Got my first husky.

Was going to give her the 1st meal. She was soooo excited.

After i made her sit and relax, i gave her the food..... she just sniffed it and looked at me like "yeah right"

So ok, fine.

Later tonight I tried it again. At the advice of my husband I opened a capsule of FIsh Oil and dribbled it over the kibble.

I gave that to her and she proceeded to lick off the oil from each individual piece of kibble. Then she accidently bit into one and decided... hm.. not so bad.

Then she ate ALL her food.... piece by piece.. one at a time.. LOL

Funniest thing i've ever seen.

She just belched. :up:

Oh you are finding out the idiosynchrosies (sp) of Huskies first hand. They can be such finicky (sp - again!) eaters. Our last Husky, Elke, was extremely picky when it came to food. Our current pack member, Zoya, eats without issue. One thing that we've done different with Zoya, is no human food whatsoever. She does not beg, and is not interested in what we eat. Enjoy your new Husky. How old is she? I read your other posts, and it sounds like you guys are a perfect match.

Oh you are finding out the idiosynchrosies (sp) of Huskies first hand. They can be such finicky (sp - again!) eaters. Our last Husky, Elke, was extremely picky when it came to food. Our current pack member, Zoya, eats without issue. One thing that we've done different with Zoya, is no human food whatsoever. She does not beg, and is not interested in what we eat. Enjoy your new Husky. How old is she? I read your other posts, and it sounds like you guys are a perfect match.

Thanks! I never feed dogs people food. I dont really even feed them treats.

I have fish that are the same way. My big guy thats about 13" is a picky eater and I have had to starve him for a few days to get him to eat his pellets.

Didnt know i would have the same issue with a Dog. So its pretty funny.

She is 2 yrs 6 months.

I think she was born to eventually end up with us! :rolleyes: I love her already.

For those that dont know. Got my first husky.

Was going to give her the 1st meal. She was soooo excited.

After i made her sit and relax, i gave her the food..... she just sniffed it and looked at me like "yeah right"

So ok, fine.

Later tonight I tried it again. At the advice of my husband I opened a capsule of FIsh Oil and dribbled it over the kibble.

I gave that to her and she proceeded to lick off the oil from each individual piece of kibble. Then she accidently bit into one and decided... hm.. not so bad.

Then she ate ALL her food.... piece by piece.. one at a time.. LOL

Funniest thing i've ever seen.

She just belched. :up:

one of our female labs used to do this she would go to the bowl take one biscuit out run off and eat it and then repeat the pprocess neadless to say she never ate a full meal as her 15mins was up before she finnished

Never mind, if it's any consolation Ishka was the fussiest eater I have ever known. We got vets involved, we tried starving her hoping eventually she'd eat (by starving I mean put the bowl down for 15 minutes and then take it away until the next meal time).

She did exactly what Andy's Lab would do, pick out one biscuit, take it to her bed and nibble it, she'd repeat this a few times and then stop.

In the end she had a bowl of food in the morning and it stayed there all day and night and refilled the following morning. You'd hear her at 3 am, tip tap across the wooden floor to the kitchen, rummage in the bowl, tip tap back to her bed then crunch crunch crunch...........repeated over and over again. lol she was a character and a half, she was perfectly healthy though, correct weight, coat was always perfect, and above all always happy............geez I still miss her 6 years on.

Never mind, if it's any consolation Ishka was the fussiest eater I have ever known. We got vets involved, we tried starving her hoping eventually she'd eat (by starving I mean put the bowl down for 15 minutes and then take it away until the next meal time).

She did exactly what Andy's Lab would do, pick out one biscuit, take it to her bed and nibble it, she'd repeat this a few times and then stop.

In the end she had a bowl of food in the morning and it stayed there all day and night and refilled the following morning. You'd hear her at 3 am, tip tap across the wooden floor to the kitchen, rummage in the bowl, tip tap back to her bed then crunch crunch crunch...........repeated over and over again. lol she was a character and a half, she was perfectly healthy though, correct weight, coat was always perfect, and above all always happy............geez I still miss her 6 years on.

awwww *hugs* wish i could eat like that!! lol