my moms american eskimo

We have had him since he was a pup. Here's a little (or a lot) of background information.

My mom was originally looking into getting a springer spaniel. But everyone told her they barked a lot and were a one person kind of dog. So she went into our local petshop and was looking at dogs, still set on a spaniel. The person in charge there talked her into getting Trinity.

We brought him home and he was very high energy, but got along with our mutt pound dog that we had had for about 2 years. We had both of them for almost two years after that. Our pound mutt we got on christmas, so we had him for about 4 years. Two years after getting Trinity and them bonding together, Jake, our pound mutt was hit on christmas morning. He had internal bleeding and had to be put to sleep. ( RIP Jake :( )

A few months later we got a border collie who we named Saydee. She was 2 years when we got her and was very timid. We suspected she was abused. I don't think we had her for any longer than three months, but her and Trinity were already attached. In the end of those short three months, Saydee was also hit by a car ( RIP Saydee :( ).

About a month later we got another border collie, but this time as a pup. The pet store said they were 8 weeks or older. We suspected younger. That puppy was hell on four legs. He was a walking example of the worst signs of not weening a pup from its mom. We took him back and got refunded.

About 2 months later we decided we were done with pet stores and my mom went to look at some Australian shepherd puppies from a breeder. And that is how we got ( and still have) Angel.

With Jake and Saydee, Trinity was acting very depressed.

Then, for most of the time we have had Trinity, we had some emotional abuse going on in our house and an almost constant tension that was so thick a knife couldn't cut it, because of a step dad we had at that time. They have now been separated for about 5 years maybe I think so?

Trinity has always been territorial and barked a lot if a leaf blew in the wind. For most of his life he has been the alpha amoung our animals. He is 9 years old now with cataracts we can't do anything about because of money.

He barks viscously at other dogs, no matter if he's alone with my mom or if Angel is there with him. He attacked a dog that was 5 times his size. The guy asked if his dog could meet with my moms two as his dog was a rescue. My mom was hesitant because of Trinity. The guy assumed she was hesitant because how big his dog was, so approached my mom. Trinity and Angel sniffed him, and then suddenly without warning, Trinity attacked his dog. Biting the guy in the process of getting them away from each other. Which we hadn't learned until the next day when the guy asked if Trinity was up to date on his rabies shots. Which he is.

He has also had this terrible attitude before cataracts, where he is the only dog who can bark at anything. Even if Angel barks at something he will turn and attack her.

Since getting Kissuna, Trinity prefers to stay in my moms room. Trinity and Kissu do not get along. Trinity still sees himself as the alpha amoung the animals. When Kissu sees him, it seems like he is challenging him for the alpha role. Trinity doesn't seem willing to let it go yet, even though Kissu easily over powers him. My mom prefers to keep them separated as Trinity is old, and because she can't afford to pay a vet bill other than what our plan costs.

Several months ago when my mom had a job, I attempted to let them figure things out while my mom was at work. Kissu seemed more like he was playing, but Trinity sounded down right ferocious. In the end, Kissuna had won and they both had a little blood.

But sure enough, next time they saw each other it happened again.

My mom has been keeping him in her room to keep them away from each other. Which Trinity seems to prefer. If we put Kissu in his crate to let Trin out here, Trin will either stay in the room, or if we close the door he will lay right by the door.

My mom is becoming increasingly worried about his viscous behavior and is worried she will have to put him to sleep or find a rescue if his behavior doesn't get any better. We don't know what to do.

Gunna submit this before my phone decides to shut itself off. I will edit any errors after.

:cookies:

Its possible that outside the house, Trinity's issues are being caused by Fear aka Fear aggression - because he can't see that well.

in the house it may well be a dominance issue, but could take several challanges before Kissu assumes the role of Alpha or for Trinity to secure the role as alpha. But this a very dodgy area as Kissu will be a fair bit bigger than Trinity and Trinity is fairly old, so could end up getting quite badly hurt.