lately Bing has bein actin abit wierd he seems down and often when hes been sleeping or lying down for a while his leg gets rly stiff (for those ov u who dont no what happened bingo got attacked by a dog and ended up wit 2 crushed vertabre in the lower part ov his spine and he couldnt walk for a week) i have noticed that on the walks he will go on (i had 2 force him to come on a walk 2day he just refuses and slips his collar n runs home half the time) he seems 2 b alot slower than he normally is (tho when he runs he can still run as fast as the day we got him - its almost like he is still a pup who doesnt have a bad leg) does any1 have any ideas on what 2 do? apart from walk them seperately which i think i am now gonna have 2 do anything would b helpful i want whats best for my boy and i hate seeing him like this :sad_smile: and i want him 2 b happy again he is roughly 9/10 yrs of age oh and TERRIFIED ov vets he will put up wit it cuz he has 2 but he tries 2 get out the door or will hide behind me so any idea u have on helpin him is GREATLY appreciated many thanks in advance :)

the same sort of think happened to my moms lab he went very quiet and would always just lie around and not wanna do anything.

and when he went out he would run round like a puppy but would get really tired.

i would suggest taking him to vets to get him checked over for piece of mind more than anything.

they may do blood tests and stuff

At that age, it doesn't take long for arthritis to set in, especially since his spine is where the injury is located. Bo didn't have problems at all until two years ago when the vet removed a fatty tumor from around his bum hole. Just the way they laid him out during the operation allowed the arthritis in his hips the opportunity to become problematic for him......

Will your vet take payments? It's definitely worth having checked out. Canines are experts at hiding pain and it sounds like he is IMO.

Best of luck and saying a prayer for Bings....