2nd nature to all sibes?

Quick question for you all to discuss :)

Do you think that the pulling of sleds/rigs/scooters/etc is like a second nature to all sibes or just a select few that come from working lines?

I think with sibes from a continuous working line yes it is just like a second nature to them but I also that all sibes still have that one memory of running accross the different terrains with the chukchi people carrying sleds and the catch of the day.

HMMM...working lines def need to work and pull...Hmmm...I was considering getting a Doggie pack when Chew is a year old...and maybe skating with him....but not sure that all huskies or malamutes are up for work like sledding particularly if they grew up as house/yard pets. Although to be fair...Im not exactly an expert...lol.

I think they have it in them somewhere, i suppose it depends on at what age you start to work them?

Kimba went on a scooter the other month and within seconds of starting to run he got it and was off can't wait to see Kaiser try it when he's old enough!

HMMM...working lines def need to work and pull...Hmmm...I was considering getting a Doggie pack when Chew is a year old...and maybe skating with him....but not sure that all huskies or malamutes are up for work like sledding particularly if they grew up as house/yard pets. Although to be fair...Im not exactly an expert...lol.

I think skating with them would be great fun! I think you would need very good balance though ;) lol I would to give skijoring a go :D

What exactly is required for skijoring??

Can it be done on pavement...sidewalks, etc?

Im not sure if you can do it in pavements/sidewalks, etc but here are osme links about it :)

http://www.skijoring.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skijoring

http://www.skijor.org/skijor.html

I would love to give this a go but would need alot of snow, which we dont get often!

you have to be careful when running any dog on sidewlks and pavements due to litter, people and concrete hurting the pads on their paws, however if you can find a clear park or something similar then cannicross can be great fun. All I use is a walking belt with a length of bugee cord (doubled for extra strengh and resistance) atached by carabiners to Taz's lead and harness. We both love it and has done wonders for my fitness level.

Canni-cross?? I have never heard of that...what is it exactly?

I was thinking about the excersing on the pavement thing...Im not sure yet what Im going to do...hawaii and military base space dont exactly allow for the kind of stuff that everyone is telling me about.

I guess frequent trips to the dog park to let him run will have to do...because this whole place is a huge concrete jungle...lol.

I rollerblade with Siku almost everyday. The pavement/sidewalk doesn't seem to be an issue, although I'm a fairly strong skater so he doesn't really pull me the whole time. I've been running him since he was 4 or 5 months old so I can control him really well, and always try to get him to run on the grass or side of the road if possible :)