Raw feeders???

Have found this website and thought i'd share .... have just placed my first order so will let you know what my boys think of the pigs trotters i've ordered along with other itesm ... they've not had pigs feet before so might be interesting lol

If you order bear in mind shipping is 6.00 so won't be worth while unless buying a fair bit, prices however are cheaper for the items than i've seen in other places though :D

http://www.food4-dogs.co.uk/

I've never had a problem with freezing raw bones, defrosting them and serving them to the dogs - I know many, many people who feed raw diets who buy their meat in bulk and freeze it, I've never heard of it being a problem.

Pigs bits.....

well, my order's arrived and there's LOADS!! just defrosting pigs feet for them so will try and get a video of them with it later :)

Blizzy gets roasted pigs ears as a treat every night when we sit down with a glass of wine to relax before bed. He's so used to it now when we come back from his late wlak he sits outside the utility room waiting for his ear

He then sits there and uses is sharks teeth (the massive molars he has) to crunch them. Sounds terrible but he loves 'em!

Only abot 50p each as well.

After all the advice from here I finally treated Skye to some raw chicken wings, I was petrified that she would choke on the bones... But she loved them

I gave her one as a treat after her walk this morning and she buried it! LOL

But soon went back for it:up:

I've never had a problem with feeding frozen thawed meat/bones to my dogs - since I buy in bulk it's the only way I do it!

I have read some people give their dogs still frozen raw meals if their dogs are gulpers, to force the dogs to take more time to eat their food, so I am assuming that is fine to do as well. But ask 10 people and you'll get 10 different opinions on the matter lol! :D

great site added to rep.

May order a few things from there some point (like the ox heart). our butcher sells us 2-4 carrier bags full to the brim of different meats and bones at a very good price apart from the hearts and a few other organs as he has a high demand for them (especially lambs) so we have to pay normal price for them.

i heard that giving frozen bones isn't recommended as the bones are liable to splinter and could get stuck?

Not sure about this one. All bones my dogs get are thawed, but dogs/wolves/meat-ivores in the wild probably eat frozen bones all the time (I'm picturing wolves and a dead frozen caribou out in the alaskan tundra lol) with not much issue.

I would stay on the safe side and thaw any frozen RMBs, personally. No sense in adding extra risk when it's not necessary :D

• 3 weeks later...