Horses!!

Willow

Any other horse owners out there?? If so, what breed do you own? Do you show, compete, or just ride for fun?? What style do you ride??

I will go first.

I have one horse, an Arabian/Paint gelding named Buckshot.

I am a Barrel Racer.

I usually ride western but I also love to ride English. My favorite way to ride though is bare back!! :)

Heres my baby.

[ATTACH]7143.IPB[/ATTACH]

Heres me, showing a horse that I used to lease from my club leader. I think I was like 9 or 10. I was the only one showing an Arabian in western pleasure and we even beat some of the quarter horses!! We came in 5th out of 10 or so horses.

He was one of the best horses I have ever ridden in my life. I miss him very much. His name was Guy.

[ATTACH]7144.IPB[/ATTACH]

(Sorry they are so small, you will have to click on them to make them bigger.)

post-2875-13585958606869_thumb.jpg

post-2875-13585958607307_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

we have 4 horses

Sinbad - 16hh black fresian gelding

Raz - 15.3hh bay french trotter

Scampi - 11.3hh grey welsh section a

Daisy - 10.2hh brown shetland x

Scampi is my daughters and Daisy is my sons. Sinbad and Raz are mine but they are out on loan at the moment as im expecting and they are both a handful lol cant wait to get them back x

I don't own any myself but my fiance has 2 and he manages a show barn. Steve has a Quarter Horse/Arabian named Star and a Standardbred named Teaser. At the show barn there is a Quarter Horse named Charlie that I have free access to ride whenever I want. I also have a few friends with horses that I borrow to ride as well. Actually tomorrow I'm heading up to go for a trail ride with one of them, he's the head trail guide at a public trail riding ranch. He's farm sitting it while the owners are away and its the slow season so we pretty much have the place to ourselves!

I used to rehab rescued horses at a local farm. Would take a completely freaked out green horse and turn it into a quiet mount. Sometimes we kept them sometimes we found the perfect forever home. That's where I really learned a lot about training and working with horses. It was where I got to develop my own style and experiment with different methods.

• 2 weeks later...

ive had horses all my life

dont have any at the minute though since i had my lil boy.

now im just riding a welsh cob x arab chesnut 15.2 hh gelding .only 5 yrs old and very green but hes luvly. wanting to take him to do working hunter next year when ive worked on his jumping and flat work and then see how tha goes.

once my wee man starts playgroup i will get another horse and keep my eye out for a horse that suits me