Clicker Training?

I thought for awhile that clicker training was just this new fad thing that came out quick and would die out quick...but I dont think that anymore...LOL!

If you have a husky like chewie who has issues with authority...lol...and responds very quickly to sound prompts...you are going to love clickers!

After one 10 minute session...all I have to do is pick it up...and he sits down! He could sit and lay down on command already- he just decided to be rotten and not do it...lol.

I spent $40.00 on clicker stuff...and it is the best thing for chewie.

to me the positive reaction and will to have good manners without me giving the commands is worth the $40, so if you are having a hard time...try it.

I thought for awhile that clicker training was just this new fad thing that came out quick and would die out quick...but I dont think that anymore...LOL!

If you have a husky like chewie who has issues with authority...lol...and responds very quickly to sound prompts...you are going to love clickers!

After one 10 minute session...all I have to do is pick it up...and he sits down! He could sit and lay down on command already- he just decided to be rotten and not do it...lol.

I spent $40.00 on clicker stuff...and it is the best thing for chewie.

to me the positive reaction and will to have good manners without me giving the commands is worth the $40, so if you are having a hard time...try it.

The concept behind clicker training (marking a behaviour) is definitely no fad! It is a great dog training method that has been around for quite some time, even before the clicker itself was invented - police service dog trainers and other working dog trainers have used the concept of marking behaviours for quite some time.

I find it is the quickest way for my dogs to learn something new and it helps tremendously with timing. I don't use a clicker myself, I just use the 'yes' command but it works for my dogs :grinning-smiley-003 I have used clickers in the past but just found them an extra thing to carry around, and my dogs respond well to voice commands.

Glad to hear you are having so much success in your training, keep it up :D

my wife uses the clicker method and she gets great results... tried it with me once but no so sucesfull lol

i personally cant get along with it as i seem to be a but useless at co ordinating / remembering to click at the correct time... so i scrapped trying that as it would just confuse my girls..

tried it with me once but no so sucesfull lol

LMAO

I've not used the clicker but have heard great things about it, I use the word GOOD as i'm forgetful so when I got out to train I can never find the bloody thing! lol

my wife uses the clicker method and she gets great results... tried it with me once but no so sucesfull lol

i personally cant get along with it as i seem to be a but useless at co ordinating / remembering to click at the correct time... so i scrapped trying that as it would just confuse my girls..

Richard... you should try using a marker word instead!! I am really unco too so it is so much easier for me to just say "yes" to mark the behaviour instead. I find it easier to get the timing right that way.

As long as you can condition the dog to learn that yes = a treat is coming, you should have no problems.

Richard... you should try using a marker word instead!! I am really unco too so it is so much easier for me to just say "yes" to mark the behaviour instead. I find it easier to get the timing right that way.

As long as you can condition the dog to learn that yes = a treat is coming, you should have no problems.

see thats my prob i do use verball and forget the clicker... but have no prob when i use a whistle.....

I have used the clikcer before with Rusty (mums dog) and had great results! He already knew the basics when I tried it and so I used the clicker to teach him little tricks like roll over and he reacted really well with it! I have found with my boys that using praise and a marker word works better. Marley is quite good with a clicker but Bandit and Gizmo usually are too interested in eating it!