Got a bit of a problem

For the last month she's starting to get worse.

She's becoming very aggressive towards Joey, other dogs she is fine, he's not doing ANYTHING to provoke her, she's not in season.

Some times he'll be casually eating a bone and then she'll come over and get all defensive?!?!?

When i come home from work (YES THEY GET WALKED) she starts scratching and licking the base of the door, winging and whining!! (she done this even when we where home).

She doesn't have separation anxiety, that part was fixed many months ago!

Her eating has got better, though since blowing her coat she looks gross and skinny, though she has put weight on!

I am not sure what to do, splitting them up is no option, i wont crate her for over 10 hours a day! Very cruel and my backyard is not big enough to split up, i have no where she can go away from him.

Some help would be great!

To be honest i don't think desexing her will do much either, but it's being done either way.

Whatever her problem i can't really separate them while i am at work and i wont fence off my yard, i shouldn't have too!  :(

Today she had a go at him twice, that was this morning.. at the moment their both asleep!

When i get home from work, I go to the toilet  :mellow: and get myself a drink and something to eat.. then see the cats, go outside and sit under the veranda and say hello to the dogs.

I come back inside and prepare dinner, lately i've been taking Joey out with me because of her behavior towards him, doesn't change anything that i take him out with me and i've taken him only twice, asked the neighbour if she cries and the neighbour said she doesn't!!

You shouldn't have to fence off your yard? I personally wouldn't be running them together if I had an option not to, not only is it unfair to Joey but every opportunity she has to be aggressive towards him will just make her behaviour even more habitual and rewarding for her.

Pop over to DOL and post in the training forum, someone will be able to recommend a behaviourist in your area, the behaviour really needs to be addressed ASAP.

I wont go on DOL since i come here lol!

I have no choice then to run them together, crating her for over 10 hours is cruel! Yes it is unfair to Joey, my only other option after desexing her is giving her away.

It would be the best place to ask for advice because it's based in our country and a lot of local behaviorists post there :)

You have another option other than desexing and rehoming - get a behaviourist in to assess the situation. It's a common problem and one an experienced trainer would see regularly. Posting on DOL for advice may give you some ideas on what could be causing it but you really need a professional to come in and see the dogs. Surely that is a better option than rehoming her :)

I give them equal time, i've never spent more time with one then the other, i'm not like that.:)

When i said i have taken Joey with me the last two nights (just to the horses for 1hour) it was only this monday and tuesday, not last month .. so why is she being like this?

Even since she's stopped eating (gone off her food) she's been weird, she blew her coat way after she stopped eating.. so her coat has nothing to do with it neither does her season.

i wont pay out a million $ for an experienced trainer, they go to dog school, they get walked, fed, cared, loved, same attention etc..

She has the life of a queen, she comes first (equal to joey)!!

i wont pay out a million $ for an experienced trainer, they go to dog school, they get walked, fed, cared, loved, same attention etc..

You won't get a trainer in but you'd rehome her if it got to that point?

Behaviourists do not cost millions of dollars, I guess what you class is expensive really just depends on how important it is that this problem gets solved. Everyone has different pricing too, I have had an $80 consult and I have had a $350 consult, both excellent trainers, both worth what I paid and more.

We'd spend hundred on taking our dogs to the vet if they are sick, why is a behaviourial issue (sickness) any different?

What will you do when the problem escalates - and it will - when will seeking professional help become necessary? How bad will it have to get? Nipping it in the bud now will be a lot easier than waiting till it gets worse, and it sounds pretty bad as it is now.

Needing to get a behaviourist out to help you is not a reflection on how much you love your dog, or how well you care for them. Problems can arise despite how much we love and care for our dogs.

She has the life of a queen, she comes first (equal to joey)!!

That could be part of what is causing the problem.

These things can develop over time, it is not likely that this problem just started but that there were signs early on you missed (which can happen to anyone).

Dogs all have different drive, nerves, temperaments - some dogs can be fine with one set of rules but another dog may need more stringent ones. I can't treat all of my dogs exactly the same because where one will take advantage others wont etc. There could be a number of things that are causing this problem, like I said that you treat her as a queen could be a cause, it may be a number of things. Really though no one will be able to say for sure without seeing her and how you interact with the dogs.

These things can develop over time, it is not likely that this problem just started but that there were signs early on you missed (which can happen to anyone).

Dogs all have different drive, nerves, temperaments - some dogs can be fine with one set of rules but another dog may need more stringent ones. I can't treat all of my dogs exactly the same because where one will take advantage others wont etc. There could be a number of things that are causing this problem, like I said that you treat her as a queen could be a cause, it may be a number of things. Really though no one will be able to say for sure without seeing her and how you interact with the dogs.

i agree with bec hun, blaze is fine with the rules we have in place, we need to be abit stricter with Skyla tho as she does tend to try and push her luck - blaze will occasionally too BUT no where near as much as skyla, yes they all get spoilt n yes i love them all the same BUT different dogs need different rules, bingo doesnt have any rules he doesnt steal food doesnt nip, doesnt annoy the other two (unless its humping skyla who will tell him off) and he always does as we ask him too (we dont need to tell him) Blaze's rules are alittle stricter but we hardly have to tell him do to anything either but skyla we have to tell her alot of things arent good to do! she will listen the 1st time we tell her but she will still attempt to do what she shouldnt when she gets the chance

i rly think getting in a behaviourist or maybe being abit stricter with zarly will help xxx

Some excellent advice given....you should really heed it Holly and have a behaviourist come in. I am not trying to be funny or have a go but recently you posted up pics of all the different leads, collars and what not you have for your dogs, but you are saying you don't want to fork out loads for a behaviourist; this seems a bit back to front in my opinion.

Hope you are able to sort something out, it isn't nice for anyone involved to have a dog with an attitude.