Saving files and folders online

MattSouthall

I saw an older show of the Gadget show yesterday, and they said "Computer experts say that unless your files are backed up in 3 different places they exists!" so i thought, saving files online... so i had a little look around to see what there was (preferably free), I've seen the Windows live skydive, it's very good, but, i have a fair few music files and photo's :lol:

So does anybody know of any trusty places to upload full folders at a time with a fairly large storage?? (bit of a challenge for me searching around the internet...)

thanks alot guys :D:D:D:D

Dropbox is indeed very good. You get 2GB for free. You basically have a special folder on your computer and anything you move into there will be uploaded. If you have multiple computers with both Dropbox installed you can automatically let in synchronize it to that pc as well.

I don't use it as backup though. I don't want all my files to be uploaded to a company who just says "it's safe there". Not that I have anything to hide, but it's still something I'm always concerted about. I use my fileserver (a separate computer) as a backup place. This obvious works when my harddisk dies but I can still loose all my files when, for example, a fire destroys my whole house (I'd rather not think about that :mellow:)

(edit: If you wan't Dropbox, I can send you my referal-link. That way both of us can get an extra 250MB to use ;). PM me if you want)

noo i have alot of music, documents, video's etc..

I know that lol all am asking is where as it come from if your like most teenagers it will be from the likes of limewire imesh torrents and if it has am just saying be careful :)

I know that lol all am asking is where as it come from if your like most teenagers it will be from the likes of limewire imesh torrents and if it has am just saying be careful :)

That shouldn't matter because you don't publish it, right? It's just a copy/backup for personal use. Otherwise you wouldn't even be able to backup your legally bought music/games as well. (Though I have know idea what the laws are like in England, here in NL only publishing music is illegal, download isn't)

I only get CD's from shop's etc and on my laptop thats it really :L and to be honest i don't know half the stuff you said :lol:

sorry just re-read that doesn't make sence (to me anyway)

I get CD's from shop and put them on my laptop (so rip them off) then just keep them on there

Think you must be one in a million Matt :)