Creative Solution for Speed Eating

[ATTACH]6458.IPB[/ATTACH]One of the first questions I came with to the forum was how to slow my Jackson down eating. He was finishing a cup of food in 10 seconds. Many had good ideas, though I did not want to wait for a delivery or spend money on a new bowl so I wanted to share my creative solution. It seems to work even better now! First, I just added blocks to his bowl. While it did slow him down, we talked about it and wondered if he couldn't push them around would it slow him down even more? The answer...yes! So, trusty super glue in one hand, blocks in another, and an old, cheap plastic food bowl...and WHALLA!!! Took Jackson longer to finish eating tonight than Andy. He was still somewhat frantic, but will have to work harder and slower, using his tongue more to get at the chunks of kibble. I didn't even realize until after the picture was taken that there were still a couple in there, but he'll get them next time! [ATTACH]6457.IPB[/ATTACH]

post-2509-13585957036747_thumb.jpg

post-2509-13585957037854_thumb.jpg

So far so good, but there are lots of alternatives on the market. Guess I could put together a "kit" of sorts and put it out on the internet...but really, if I thought of it, others will also!!! Before we glued down the blocks both dogs sneaked one out of the bowl and started using them as practice chewing for the fence....see what I have to look forward to! Thanks for the kudos. Will update in a week or so if his speed actually slows down!!!:o

You'l have to let us know if it keeps working.

i bought 1 of those slow feeding bowls for Shadow and was really impressed but,

2wks later, she seems to have mastered the art of it now so although very slightly slowed down

she is still eating way to fast.

And if only I could teach him to chew![ATTACH]6460.IPB[/ATTACH] Today it actually took him longer to finish than Andy...who eats from a regular bowl. [ATTACH]6462.IPB[/ATTACH]Jackson picked up the bowl by the blocks and started throwing it around the kitchen:lol:. It's in the closet now! They both stole blocks yesterday and started chewing on them like bowls. At least I know the super glue is working. [ATTACH]6461.IPB[/ATTACH]

post-2509-13585957038613_thumb.jpg

post-2509-13585957039613_thumb.jpg

post-2509-13585957040106_thumb.jpg