possible new pup!

I've come upon an opportunity to get a 9 week old female.biggrin.gif

I'm curious, could I use Tuk to help crate train her? As in when I put them in for the night could I put them both in the same crate? There would be be enough room until she got bigger. Has anyone done this and if so, how did it work out?

From the brief period in which we had two dogs, definitely use separate crates. Lyra would not tolerate Dante going anywhere NEAR her crate. A crate is supposed to be a safe space for an individual dog, so there's too much risk of aggressiveness/fighting over territorial reasons.

congratulations

wouldnt put them in the same crate but i would put them in seperate crates side by side - as you could find yourself having problems if they are in the same crate when they want some time alone and you will probably find they will just play in the crate all night instead of sleep

don't forget about toilet training - the pup will poop more than likely in the crate and they will both end up covered it it blink.gif

Very good point. It's no fun having to clean one of them off let alone two.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts!

Need to go get everything, set up her crate and then the journey to the other side of the valley to get her! biggrin.gif