Saltaire Dog Show

We entered Shaer and Talon in our local dog show today, more for a laugh than hopes of winning anything.

We entered Talon and Shaer in the Working dog class and the rescue dog class and Shaer in the prettiest eyes class.

When we entered the ring Talon decided first not to sit down so we guessed we where going to have fun, Shaer sat down and behaved quite well while the judges checked,. The fun started when Shaer and I were asked to trot away and back, as soon as we ran off Talon started howling and then Shaer started howling. I was falling over myself laughing and so were the crowd. After that Talon didn't settle and when Jennifer ran him away from the judge Talon grabbed Jennifers arm and draged her along. When it came to giving out the awards poor Talon didn't get an award (poor boy at least the crowd seemed to think he was the best dog).

Shaer though got 2nd in class yipee.

Next Shaer was entered in the pretty eyes class and again she won 2nd yipee.

In the rescue class we were asked about our dogs story and what tricks our dogs could do (Huskies doing tricks DON'T THINK SO) at least we got them to give paw. I said to the judge Huskies do not do tricks. Of course we didn't get anything for that. What doing tricks as to do with rescue dogs is beyong me.

But the crowd loved them and Shaer walked away with two seconds.

med_gallery_1427_2_94605.jpg