the girl witht the dragon tatoo

arlene5548

hey guys...anyone seen the girl with the dragon tatoo!! hate sub titled films but this was brilliant...if u havnt seen,,,do watch :o :o :o

I haven't seen or read this. . . but I know someone who watched the movie and enjoyed it, then read the book.

Complained bitterly that the book didn't get going until the middle then was brilliant. biggrin.gif

I watched the Swedish film after reading the entire trilogy and enjoyed it. It was a faithful adaptation, in my opinion, and really addressed one of the main topics in the books - violence against women. It will be interesting to see the American version when it's released. They'll probably botch it up, though, if it's anything like The Golden Compass/Da Vinci Code/etc.

I watched the Swedish film after reading the entire trilogy and enjoyed it. It was a faithful adaptation, in my opinion, and really addressed one of the main topics in the books - violence against women. It will be interesting to see the American version when it's released. They'll probably botch it up, though, if it's anything like The Golden Compass/Da Vinci Code/etc.

hi

what are the other books called ..would love to read them

ta

I had also heard that The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo was excellent but difficult to get into at first, so I didn't buy them. I am sorry now though :(

At most they might be a little confusing at first, but each book comes together so amazingly well by the end. Think The Da Vinci code with corporate crime. They really do turn into books that you can't put down, in my opinion. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Have just finished the third book 'the girl who kicked the hornets nest'. Wow

The 1st book was very difficult to get into, but by halfway, it picked up, and I couldn't put it down. Then read the second and then the third - and the ending was awesome. Would recommend to anyone who doesn't mind a very detailed read :)

I just recently finished these books. They were good but as said hard to get into, just preserver through it as it is worth it.

I would say that I did more of skim reading than I did word for word reading. I found the author was a bit to wordy, I think that is what made it hard going to start with. But the story and characters were great.

I have watched the first movie, was the version with subtitles. It was good but I wasn't keen on some of the actors used. I think the actor that played Blomkvist wasn't right, I could hardly see him as a ladies man......

I think the actor that played Blomkvist wasn't right, I could hardly see him as a ladies man......

I agree with you there. The books were great but the movies just didn't do them justice. I'm not sure its just due to the standard challenge in translating books into movies. Maybe the subtitles or seeing the cultural differences. Something felt a little bit off visually and it was easier to get into the story on paper.