Squirrels arrrgggghhhh

I never realised how many squirrels lived in Eccles till i got Storm everytime he sees one he tries running up trees and then sits there making so much noise :D has anyone got any tips on what to do when he sees them, i have tried sayin "leave it " and pulling him away but its like dragging a child away from santa !!!

HELP !!!!!!!!

Not just Mickey who tries getting up trees to them - one tip the BLue Cross behaviourist gave us was to take a ragger or something out with us when we walk him - then if you see a squirrel, play tug with him for a bit, it helps to distract him, and he should get out of the chase behaviour a bit...

HTH

Vince

Unfortunately I have to agree, I doubt thers going to be a lot you can do. We have a huge squirrel problem round here to the point that they have in the past started to go for people. Everytime Nooks see's one I have to brace in a big way before I get a dislocated shoulder lol.

HAHAHA at least i am not on my own then :) gets even worse today while me and my daughter were out walking them Storm suddenly sees a rabbit and starts squealing for it and pulling me to the point where i nearly lost control of him :( my daughter had hold of Luna because i completely TRUSTED her, she never chases anything and just plods along when Keeley holds her BUT NOT TODAY :D she decided she liked the look of that rabbit as well and pulled so hard on her lead that keeley lost her ........... Luna went tearing off after the rabbit and Storm followed with me being dragged behind she almost caught it but it ran under a fence which had a barking dog on the other side soooo not quite sure what happened there :unsure: anyways there was 2 kids in the front garden who luckily were not scared of her and caught her for me :D took them home straight after that my shoulder still hurts !!!

i find the only way to stop them is to run straight into a tree........fecking hurts but stops you dead in your tracks!!! laugh.gif

LOL I find lamp posts do just as well as long as one is in grabbing range also if theres a bollard handy I wrap the lead round it.

Lexy's friend Storm stands under the tree with his mouth open waiting for squirrels to drop in!

They have a hunting routine which involves Storm being allowed to run full pelt towards a tree, Lexy trying to pull me so I will run (but I'm too scared to let her go full tilt because she would deffo pull me over)then the two silly huskys standing on hind legs on the tree looking up. Luckily it is at a park where we expect it to happen - when you don't expect it its a shock.