HELP!!!

Hi everyone! i'm pretty new att his site but I truely need some help, My husky is almost 2 years old, he is a very nice husky, and very loving, I have trained him to do a lot of tricks but bahaving is a whole different story. When company comes over, he jumps on them, I put him on a leash now because he jumps and now he just barks. Achmed also has a problem with just barking. He will follow me around the house barking, almost like he is arguing with me, I take him out for a walk, to go potty, he has food and water in his bowls and still he barks. him jumping on people is actually less of an issue than the barking. I have run out of ideas to make him stop. Someone suggested a muzzle but i really dont think that's right and I dont want to do that to my dog. Has anyone out there had this problem and been able to effectivly make it stop? Aside from this barking problem he really is the perfect dog!..

Thank you in advance for your help.

hi and welcome :)

ignoring the bad / unwanted behaviour and praising the good works well - just remember consistency is key :) It won't happen in a few days but you will get there :)

with the jumping at people, again keep at it - a leash in the house will work - stand on the leash so he doesn't have enough line available to jump up, when he's calm THEN ask your visitor to pet him, he will soon pick it up :)

good advice, peeps, definitely keep the lead on in house when people visit but stand on it, leaving just enough room to stand but not jump. Get your visitor to ignore him (hard as it may be) until you have Achmed listening to you & is sat patiently, then he can be praised for waiting. Keep doing this every time someone comes round, he'll get the message. Just ask your visitors not to make eye contact with Achmed until you give the command that Achmed has been good.

The barking is another issue, again, ignore the bad, do not make eye contact with him until he is quiet for a few seconds, then say well done & praise him - again, he'll soon learn that being noisy gets him ignored & being quiet gets him attention. Both of these will take a while to sort though, they didn't happen overnight.

Good luck, let us know how things go, x

I have not had this trouble my self how everrrrrrrr i know of two people my end. Here is what they did

They got some treats that they liked an activly encourgaed them to bark and when they said stop and or the dog would pause they quickly jumped in they got the treat and they would do this for ages when they bark howl etc on command only they got a treat only when they stopped after they were told to speak command they got the treat it took some time but it did work

Just shouting stop or shut up etc doesn't work. try the method of enouraging them to do it but only on command i hope that makes sense lol

hi you could try a water spray, if all else fails. when the barking starts a quick spray and ignore, then when hes been quiet for a short while praise and fuss him.

it worked with Shianne when she wanted to jump on the bed/sofa ect, so it may do with barking.

the spray thing we used was just one of them garden ones that you get from any garden center .

Thank you all so much for your help! so far he is getting really mad at me when i ignore his barking lol... it's kinda cute but i'll never tell him that lol hope you're all having a wonderful night!

awwww lol stubborn huskies - gotta love em!! :D

They sell these devices that play a high pitched noise when your dog barks to deterrent it, or you can get a humane collar that sprays water on their face when they bark.

My mother lives in a subdivision and uses the noise one to keep her Weimeranner and Labrador from barking up a storm.

This is what she uses: http://www.petco.com/product/104027/PetSafe-Outdoor-Bark-Control.aspx?cm_mmc=CSEMGooglebase-_-Dog-_-PetSafe-_-1127594&mr:trackingCode=9BECEB15-8381-DE11-B7F3-0019B9C043EB&mr:referralID=NA

Spray Control: http://www.petco.com/product/105071/Innotek-Spray-Bark-Control-Collar.aspx?CoreCat=OnSiteSearch

Other products:

http://www.petco.com/product/103814/Lentek-Koolatron-Bark-Free-Pro-Series.aspx?CoreCat=OnSiteSearch

First of all hello and welcome to the pack :)

My 3 have a habit of jumping up at people. We never use to mind it when they jumped at us but then they wouldn't stop jumping at other people either so now we don't allow it at any time. If they jump at us we wil turn our back to them and ignore them until they stop and then we give them fuss and a treat as a reward. They still jump now and then but they re quicker at calming down now. If they go to jump at someone we see on walks I pull them away before they can actually land on the person (they havent jumped on anyon on walks for a long time now) and if someone is coming over the house they dogs go into a separate room for a while and if they jump up at the guests they get put into a separate room again.