running belts/leads

Wondered if anyone could help me out?

I'm thinking of getting a running belt and leads to run my 2 on,

but would like to know are they easy to get used to, and do they make taking them for a run easier( I dont meen the run bit but the control side of it when we pass other dogs ect)?

Also will it help to stop them getting distracted so much? although I put this down to there age, 8 months

at the moment I just attatch a flexi lead to there harness and off we go

we run for 30 minuites or so off road and the usually have a dip in the lake towards the end

I think they would make it easier for you to run with your arms being free and everything. The only thing is you would have to train your two, probably one at a time to stay close to you and on one side in order to prevent chaos in the future when you decide to run with two. I can just see the dogs getting you all tangled lol. With some hard work, I don't see why this wouldn't be possible.

I was thinking about getting one so I can take pictures with both hands and work on running with mine as well. Just would seem easier to run with your hands free. If you do try it let us know how it goes!

i ran with blaze with just his double ended lead clipped round my waist - its good cuz u have control over them - u dont have 2 worry bout droppin the lead and u can grab it if u need too - he ran ahead at 1st n pulled me along abit but soon calmed down and ran next 2 my side

i would reccommend gettin a belt tho after a while the lead hurt my waist specially when he got a spurt ov energy as it dug in to me

Hi there,

There is no reason why you wont be able to run with the two of them, and using a belt and leads does make it easier. You have your hands free for picking up poo etc.

Just becareful with running with them as they are still very young so don't push it. You will also be better off getting them proper caniX harnesses for them to run in.

http://www.culpeppers.co.uk/catalogue/?_Culpep=15917811A4fn0opH.O4&cat=harnesses

Also think about how long you want their leads, personally I would have them run up front and so you want them long enough so that you don't trip up them and I really wouldn't use a flexi lead to run with them.

Hope thats some help! Sarah x

It will definately make running with your 2 a lot easier .I use a walking belt now with a 2-dog bungee line which only splits into two for about the last metre and is a single line where it attaches to your belt .This stops any tangles as all that happens is the bungee line twists but these are easily removed as the connection to the walking belt is on a spinner .I would definately recommend the two way bungee line as i use mine all the time now for long runs and short walks and it is easy to grab at the split part if you need to quickly grab your dogs close to you .I got mine from Snowpawstore and i think they were about £20

i have entered cani-x races with two huskies and won and also have eight years experience training and running with huskies.You don`t need an x-back harness because i have found that with a shoulder harness it is easier to control the dogs and they can sense your movements better,you also need a lead with a clip at each end that places your dogs not too far away or too close and i use a belt with a single strap that must have a secure closure,there are a few photos in my gallery training with my sibes that may help,most importantly beware of any sudden stops because it is very easy to trip and fall and if they suddenly see a cat,squirrel,rabbit etc then you have to be careful at first not to be pulled over,if you keep at it then it does get easier.