Universal Dog Guard

Seriously I wouldn't bother I got one a few weeks ago.

If your Huskies sit nicely in the boot. . .fine.

But if they DID you wouldn't need one. . eh?

and when your Husky wants to get in your backseat this piece of crap is like a sheet of damp ricepaper.

I put mine together. . .it just clips together and braces against the roof and floor.

Darwin pushed through it in 10 seconds. Causing all the clipped bits to pop out of the clips.

So. . .

I put it back together and Cable tied all the clipped joints together.

He pulled it down.

So. . .

I cable tied it to the headrestts of the back seat.

he pushed the slidey end bits in with his nose and squeezed through

putting the bars into new and interesting Dali like configuarations.

So. . .

I went out and bought a Mesh guard, this seemed a bit flimsy so I cable tied (yes cable ties are my best freind right now. . . lol)

the mesh in a million places to the old one giving me quite a firm construction.

Yay. . .

then I notice a 4 inch gap at the top. . . hhmmmm thinking if he can get his nose in there he'll pull this so far out of shape and. . . . .

So I bought two grill meshes for barbeques to cover the gap and Voila !!

finally dog proof.

and yes it worked . . . and boy did he whinge.!!

2 dog guards

2 barbeque grills

and approx 50 cableties

and. . .I'll never be able to put my back seats down without disassembling the whole damn thing.

AARRGGHHHHHH.. . . biggrin.gif

Seriously I wouldn't bother I got one a few weeks ago.

If your Huskies sit nicely in the boot. . .fine.

But if they DID you wouldn't need one. . eh?

and when your Husky wants to get in your backseat this piece of crap is like a sheet of damp ricepaper.

I put mine together. . .it just clips together and braces against the roof and floor.

Darwin pushed through it in 10 seconds. Causing all the clipped bits to pop out of the clips.

So. . .

I put it back together and Cable tied all the clipped joints together.

He pulled it down.

So. . .

I cable tied it to the headrestts of the back seat.

he pushed the slidey end bits in with his nose and squeezed through

putting the bars into new and interesting Dali like configuarations.

So. . .

I went out and bought a Mesh guard, this seemed a bit flimsy so I cable tied (yes cable ties are my best freind right now. . . lol)

the mesh in a million places to the old one giving me quite a firm construction.

Yay. . .

then I notice a 4 inch gap at the top. . . hhmmmm thinking if he can get his nose in there he'll pull this so far out of shape and. . . . .

So I bought two grill meshes for barbeques to cover the gap and Voila !!

finally dog proof.

and yes it worked . . . and boy did he whinge.!!

2 dog guards

2 barbeque grills

and approx 50 cableties

and. . .I'll never be able to put my back seats down without disassembling the whole damn thing.

AARRGGHHHHHH.. . . biggrin.gif

lol oh lord

i have this one:

pPETS-3760951t400.jpg

embry tries getting down with his teeth but he can't

lol oh lord

i have this one:

pPETS-3760951t400.jpg

embry tries getting down with his teeth but he can't

The shape of yours looks like it is specific for your exact vehicle. . .so there shouldn't be any problem.

but these "will fiit any vehicle" types are flimsy.

The shape of yours looks like it is specific for your exact vehicle. . .so there shouldn't be any problem.

but these "will fiit any vehicle" types are flimsy.

yeah it's a bit to small, doesn't reach window to window so we put pillows next to it so he can't get his head in there and rip it out

We have a similar one in our car and dont have so many probs, however our 2 travel well. Kaiser will occasionally push the bars to one side so he can stick his head near the window but thats about it. I'm sure he would be able to get through though if he really tried.

So in short, if you got a husky that travels well in the car then I would get one of these. If you dont and yours goes barmy whilst in the car, build a brick wall LOL