*facepalm*

Arooroomom

I used to be on Yahoo! Answers a lot (That's where I found out about this place!) but I never go on it now and for some reason I did today... Popped into the dog section and here was the first question:

Can I feed my dog raw chicken bone in?

Here were the first 5 answers:

NO!? Are you retarded? Not only is it RAW CHICKEN but chicken bones are AWFUL for dogs to digest. You're an idiot.

ofcourse you can. as long as you add alittle anti freeze, that should kill the salminela

No, not at all! They can choke on them, that's the one thing you never give your dog, try rawhide or bones they sell in petstores.

No, dogs cannot have any sort of chickens bones, cooked or not. They can splinter and cause a lot of damage to the animal.

NOOO!!! The bones are too soft and they splinter. That could hurt their throat and intestines.

^^ That doesn't even make sense... They're so soft they splinter?!

People are unbelieveable.

My answer:

Raw untouched UNCOOKED Chicken (even WITH BONE) is totally fine for your dog. I feed a raw prey model diet and chicken leg quarters are a staple in this house.

COOKED chicken bones will splinter and cause your dog to be in considerable pain as well as put his life in danger.

Please research before taking the dive into raw feeding.

And for the Salmonella people... A dog has a short digestive tract. Formed for raw food perfectly. Their stomachs can handle a lot more than ours can! Salmonella is NOT an issue for either a dog OR cat.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif